Ohio Brewery News
A Christmas (in July) Story
After last week’s post about Christmas in July events at breweries in the Akron, Canton and Medina areas, our OCBA member breweries from other parts of the state lit up our inbox to tell us about their own summertime yuletide festivities. And where better to start than in Cleveland, home of the famous “A Christmas Story” House and the beer that launched Ohio’s passion for winter warmers: Great Lakes Christmas Ale.
It’s true: if Great Lakes made nothing but Christmas Ale every year, they’d still be one of the 10 largest breweries in Ohio. But for the Christmas Ale in July tapping at the Great Lakes brewpub next Thursday, July 20, only a tiny fraction of that total will be available on draft. Miss out and you’ll have to wait until Jolly Ol’ St. Nick delivers in October. Get full details on next week’s limited release at greatlakesbrewing.com
From the North Pole to North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, North Royalton…
Cleveland area breweries are making sure fans of spicy, strong holiday ales are getting their fill this month. Here’s where you can find sneak peeks of winter warmers all over The ‘Land:
- Fat Head’s Holly Jolly on tap now at the brewery & saloon in North Olmsted.
- Hop Brothers to tap Kringle Bell Ale Friday, July 14 in North Ridgeville.
- Railroad Brewing’s Sleigh Sighting tapping and gift exchange Saturday, July 22 in Avon.
- Blue Monkey tapping Merry Monkey Christmas Ale Tuesday, July 25 in North Royalton.
- Schnitz Ale Brewery’s Elise Navidad will be on tap Tuesday, July 25 at their brewpub in Parma.
- Sibling Revelry’s Miracle on Clemons St. on tap Tuesday, July 25 in Westlake.
- Southern Tier 2XMAS and Merry Monkey on draft Tuesday, July 25 in downtown Cleveland.
- Franklin Brewing releasing a spiced oatmeal stout on Friday, July 28 in Grafton.
It’s Christmas Somewhere
Christmas in July isn’t just a Cleveland/northeast Ohio thing: breweries all over the state are releasing their holiday ales this month:
- Crooked Handle will release Krooked Kringle on Thursday, July 20 at their Springboro and Piqua locations.
- Fretboard Brewing is tapping their barrel aged Drummer Boy winter warmer to kick off a week of taproom events in Blue Ash on Monday, July 24.
- Combustion Brewery’s Naughty triple IPA and Nice holiday spiced blonde ale will be on tap Tuesday, July 25 at their Pickerington and Clintonville locations.
- Crooked Can is holding a Christmas in July charity fundraiser on Sunday, July 30 in Hilliard.