Ohio Brewery News
Columbus Beer Release Roundup
Tons of great beers hitting draft lists at central Ohio breweries over the next week. Let’s take a look at what’s on tap for December:
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: Gemüt Biergarten and Columbus Brewing Company teamed up on a brand new German-style doppelbock called Kollaborator. Get a taste of this malt monster starting today at CBC’s taproom and later this week at Gemüt. (details)
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: For even more German beer pleasure, stop by Hofbräuhaus Columbus for the ceremonial tapping of Weihnachtsbier (“Christmas beer”) tonight at 7 p.m. (details)
- Thursday, Dec. 8: Edison Brewing Company‘s brewmaster Victor Ecimovich III has a special holiday season treat for Belgian beer lovers. Brother Thōmas is Edison’s take on a traditional Trappist tripel, brewed with pale malt and Belgian candy sugar. This beer delivers on the expected notes of freshly ground pepper, clove, orange peel and honey, powered to your palate with strong effervescence. Brother Thōmas hits the taps at Edison’s Gahanna tasting room starting at 3 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9: Skip the cookies and milk… jolly old St. Nick really wants to find Santa’s Nutcracker peanut butter porter at the bottom of the chimney on Christmas Eve. Enjoy a pour at 2 Tones Brewing in Whitehall this Friday and bring home a growler for the man in the big red suit.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13: The last beer on our release highlight list features another red clad lad. Columbus Brewing Company‘s Devil’s Kush IPA was a taproom favorite, so the brewery decided to double down and fire up an imperial version. Double Devil’s Kush is a super dank brew with strong hop-derived aromas and flavors of tropical fruit, citrus and devil’s lettuce. Available exclusively at the CBC taproom. (details)