Ohio Brewery News
Holiday Beers in… December?
Beer industry observers love to bemoan seasonal creep – the phenomenon of products hitting store shelves well in advance of their traditional season – especially when Christmas ales and winter warmers start appearing in late September/early October. However, as this seemingly early release has become the standard, it’s almost more of a shock to see holiday beers actually released close to the holidays. Here are a few notable late season beer releases that you can enjoy this week from craft breweries in southeast Ohio:
- Homestead Beer Company‘s Bison imperial stout was the headliner of last weekend’s bottle release event, but fans in the know also scooped up Royal Tannenbaum, a blend of Tannenbaum Christmas ale and barrel-aged Bison. Limited bottles were offered at all Homestead locations, check for remaining availability. (details)
- Old Bridge Brewing Company‘s winter imperial stout, Snownormous, hit the taps this week at the brewery tasting room in McConnelsville. The big, bold stout is amplified with additions or white and dark chocolate. (details)
- Old Capitol Brewing partnered up with downtown Chillicothe neighbor High Five Cakes on their 2022 holiday brew. Cream of the Crop: Christmas Cookie Edition takes the brewery’s beloved milk stout and infuses it with snickerdoodle cookies from the bakery next door. (details)
- Three Tigers Brewing offers a unique holiday brew, a fan favorite called Santa’s Beard Curler. This Belgian-style dark strong ale weighs in at a mighty 10.5% ABV and packs a surprisingly bright punch with the addition of tart cherry to the brew. Available now at the Three Tigers taproom in Granville on draft and in cans. (details)
- Wooly Pig Farm Brewery‘s seasonal Holiday Lager returns to the taps this week. This traditional, malty red lager is complemented by additions of cinnamon, nutmeg and locally-grown persimmons. Available now at the taproom in Fresno. (details)