International Women’s Day Brews
Monday, March 8, 2021
- Columbus Brewing Company will release cans of Trailhazer hazy IPA and Slay On Saison with raspberry and lemon for carryout from their taproom March 26-28. Both beers were concepted and created by the women of CBC for International Women’s Day.
- Combustion Brewing’s Lady Peiskos hazy IPA will be released on draft Tuesday, March 9. Combustion bartender Maddie Douglas assisted with the brew.
- Ill Mannered Brewing’s third annual women-brewed hazy IPA, Who Run the World, will be released in cans on Wednesday, March 3 with a draft release and blueberry variant on Friday, March 5.
- Nocterra Brewing’s latest entry in their Take a Hike series is a raspberry blonde ale, conceived and brewed by Nocterra staffer Andrea (who also brewed a beer at Alematic, details below.) Cans and draft available on International Women’s Day – Monday, March 8 – with proceeds to benefit the Women’s City Club of Delaware.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing’s annual Ladies Who Brunch imperial breakfast stout will be available in cans and on draft on Monday, March 8. Proceeds to benefit YWCA of Columbus.
- Noble Beast Brewing is holding a staff-only women’s brew day today. The resulting New England-style IPA using the Pink Boots hop blend will be released at the downtown Cleveland taproom later this month.
- Sibling Revelry Brewing got a head-start on their Pink Boots beer this year. They brewed Favorite Sister, a hazy IPA with hibiscus, in late January and released it in mid-February. Sibling’s brewery assistant, Ruby, took a lead role in this brew, and her colleagues from Cleveland’s chapter of the Pink Boots Society were on hand to help out on canning day. Six packs are currently available for carry out from the brewery’s taproom in Westlake.
- Ignite Brewing has not one, but two brews planned for release on International Women’s Day, Monday, March 8. The first is a new entry into the brewery’s Curiosity experimental IPA series, a hazy IPA featuring the Pink Boots hop blend and brewed by the women of Ignite. The second is a re-release of Ignite’s first International Women’s Day brew from 2019, Women on the Rise blackberry lime gose.
- JAFB Wooster Brewery hosted the Cleveland chapter of the Pink Boots Society for a women’s brew day in February. Dolly’s Hoppy Brown Ale, brewed with the Pink Boots hop blend, will be released on draft on Monday, March 8.
- Paradigm Shift Brewing will release their women-brewed Strawberry Blonde Ale on Monday, March 8 at their taproom in Massillon.
- Inside the Five Brewing will hold a women’s brew day for their staff on Monday, March 8 for International Women’s Day. The team plans to brew a hazy pale ale using the Pink Boots hop blend. Look for that beer to be released later this month at their Sylvania and Perrysburg brewpubs.
- Upside Brewing held a brew day with the women on their staff to make Pineapple Skies, a hazy milkshake IPA with the Pink Boots hop blend, pineapple, marshmallows, vanilla bean and lactose. The beer will be released on Friday, March 5 during the First Fridays Red Bird Art Walk, which is celebrating the women-owned businesses in downtown Sylvania this month.
In celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, the women of Jackie O’s partnered with the Pink Boots Society to brew Squeeze The Day! This Hazy IPA was fermented with grapefruit puree and then conditioned on ginger and the zest of grapefruit and lime. 32oz. crowlers of Squeeze The Day are available for shipping from jackieos.com and at all Jackie O’s locations. $3 from every crowler will be donated to the Pink Boots Society and My Sister’s Place, a domestic violence agency serving Athens, Hocking and Vinton counties.
- Listermann Brewing will release Watch Out Ladies, There’s Glass Everywhere on Friday, March 5, a Berliner weisse with dragon fruit, passion fruit, mango and vanilla. The beer packaging features illustrations by four amazing female artists.
- The Women of MadTree Brewing (self-styled as the WOMBs) brewed their annual Pink Boots collaboration, this year called Malala to honor women’s education activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai. The beer will be released in the MadTree taproom on Monday, March 8.
- The Samuel Adams Cincinnati Taproom will host a women’s brew day on International Women’s Day – Monday, March 8 – and plans to partner with the YWCA of Cincinnati around the beer’s release later this month.
- Third Eye Brewing’s Empowerment pale ale will be available starting next week. The beer will launch in conjunction with a multi-restaurant, six-course at-home tasting dinner and Zoom conversation with Let’s Talk Womxn of Cincinnati on Monday, March 8.
- Alematic Artisan Ales hosted their first guest brewer, Andrea from Nocterra Brewing, to create a blueberry pale ale called Blue Ocean Floor. The beer will be available on draft at the Huber Heights taproom on Sunday, March 7.
- For their third annual International Women’s Day brew, the women of Branch & Bone Artisan Ales chose to make a mai tai IPA with lime, cara cara orange, tangerine, almonds and vanilla. Thanks, It Has Pockets Vol. 3 was also dry hopped with the Pink Boots hop blend. Cans are available for pickup and shipping today, with a draft release coming on Friday, March 5.
- Crooked Handle Brewing will hold a women’s brew day for their staff on Monday, March 8, making a pale ale with the Pink Boots hops blend.
- Roundhouse Depot Brewing owner Kathy Troyer brewed Hopped the Tracks, a hoppy brown ale, for release around International Women’s Day. More of Kathy’s small batch brews will be released throughout the month of March.
- Yellow Springs Brewery will tap Little Dancer Wheat Ale with ginger and blueberry on Monday, March 8 at 3 p.m. A portion of sales will be donated to the Pink Boots Society for educational scholarships and programming.