Ohio Brewery News
Ohio Breweries Celebrate International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day is Tuesday, March 8, and several Ohio craft breweries are planning beer releases, women’s brew days and other community events to commemorate the occasion.
Women are underrepresented in the brewhouse, making up less than 10% of professional brewers according to a 2019 industry demographics study conducted by the Brewers Association. International Women’s Day brewing events organized by the Pink Boots Society and independent breweries aim to draw attention to this disparity and encourage the industry to make positive changes to promote inclusion.
Here’s a non-comprehensive list of International Women’s Day events happening at breweries around the state; we’ll add to this list as we learn of more.
- Combustion Brewery & Taproom in Pickerington will kick off a week of events with the release of Pink Boots Hazy IPA on Tuesday, March 8. (details)
- Jackie O’s will release Nothing But a She Thing golden ale with tangerine, lemon, honey and ginger at their locations in Athens and Columbus on March 8.
- Ill Mannered Brewing in Powell will release Who Run the World Vol. 4, a hazy IPA made with the Pink Boots Hop blend, on March 8. (details)
- Nocterra Brewing in Powell will release Take a Hike 8 chocolate peanut butter brown ale with a portion of proceeds to benefit the Women’s City Club of Delaware.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing will tap Bourbon Barrel Aged Ladies Who Brunch imperial breakfast stout at their Columbus taproom on Friday, March 4 with a can release to follow on Monday, March 7. (details)
- Ghost Tree Brewing in Amherst held a women’s brew day as part of the Pink Boots collaboration brew day fundraiser. The west coast IPA they brewed will be available later this month. (details)
- Great Lakes Brewing Company will hold their annual Pink Boots collaboration brew day next week with the beer to be released in late March/early April. Follow them on social media for details at a later date.
- HiHO Brewing Co. in Cuyahoga Falls will hold a women’s brew day next week with the beer release anticipated for New Beer’s Eve, Wednesday, April 6. Follow them on social media for future details.
- Ignite Brewing has released Women on the Rise blackberry lime gose on draft and, for the first time, in cans. Available now at their taproom in Barberton. (details)
- The Phoenix Brewing Company in Mansfield will release Saison of the Witch, a collaboration among women from 11 Ohio breweries, on Tuesday, March 8. (details)
- Listermann Brewing will release Still I Rise blueberry lemon bar sour ale in cans designed by four women artists on Saturday, March 12. There will also be a silent auction with proceeds to benefit Women Helping Women. (details)
- MadTree Brewing will release Katherine imperial juicy IPA and hold an Ascending Women panel discussion on inclusion on Tuesday, March 8. (details)
- N.E.W. Ales Brewing in Middletown will release the first of four beers for Women’s History Month, a pineapple tangerine sour in honor of Olympic champion gymnast Simone Biles, on Friday, March 4. (details)
- Rhinegeist will brew a beer on Tuesday, March 8 as part of the Unite Brew International Women’s Collaboration Brew Day. (details)
- Alematic Artisan Ales in Huber Heights will release I’m Dope, a Belgian-style hazy IPA collaboration with Dope Cider House and Winery of Youngstown. (details)
- Branch & Bone Artisan Ales in Dayton will release Thanks It Has Pockets Vol. 4 IPA on Tuesday, March 8 with a portion of proceeds to benefit Artemis Center. (details)
- Lock 27 Brewing will release Rhubarbra Streisand, a hazy IPA with raspberry and rhubarb, on Tuesday, March 8 at their Centerville and Dayton locations with $1 of each pint donated to Pink Boots Society.
- Mother Stewart’s Brewing in Springfield will host a women’s business networking event on Tuesday, March 8. (details)
- Roundhouse Depot Brewing in Bellefontaine will honor Mary Riggin, inventor of the railroad crossing gate, with an IPA release on Friday, March 11. (details)
- Star City Brewing in Miamisburg will have a tap takeover of all their International Women’s Day beers from past years this Saturday, March 5. A portion of proceeds will benefit Artemis Center. (details)
- Upside Brewing in Sylvania has tapped Queen Sharon blueberry and mango wheat beer in honor of Sylvania AdVantage newspaper founder Sharon Lange. (details)
- Walking Distance Brewing in Marysville will release #breakthebias strawberry rhubarb blonde ale on Wednesday, March 9. A dollar from each pint sold will be donated to The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio. (details)
- Yellow Springs Brewery will release My Eighty-Two Cents imperial coffee stout on draft ad in cans at both their Yellow Springs locations on Saturday, March 5. The Barrel Room location will also host panel discussions with women in beer and women business owners starting at 5:30 p.m. (details)