1487 Brewery is a new German inspired brewpub and biergarten with a full service kitchen in
Plain City, OH. (on the Dublin border). We are inspired by the biergartens of Bavaria and believe in simplicity and authenticity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Directly responsible for all Customer Experience functions in 1487 Brewery’s Brewpub &
Biergarten in Plain City, OH. This includes all customer facing food and bar service, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of serving, preparation of drinks, presentation, portion and state/company policies for serving alcohol.
As the restaurant/brewpub manager additional responsibilities may include: site closing/opening, carryover responsibilities in brewery and kitchen as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the entire customer experience including bar, restaurant and biergarten service
- Deliver superior guest services and ensuring guest satisfaction
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
- Ensure all service personnel verify the age of all guests who purchase alcohol in accordance with company policy. Limiting sales only to guests who are at least 21 years of age. AND Ensure that all state, local, and company guidelines regarding the responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only.
- Support the overall Brewpub marketing strategy
- Participate at local food and beer events
- Respond efficiently to customer questions and complaints
- Know how to spot the signs that a customer may be intoxicated or close to being overserved and take appropriate action accordingly
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Manage and lead all service staff
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures (and work with the management team to establish and evolve rules, policies and procedures), and oversee the training of new service employees.
- Being a part of the hiring process for new employees
- Training and evaluating staff performance
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Implement innovative strategies to improve productivity and sales
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Work with the General Manager to plan and price new bar menu items. This includes establishing portion sizes and preparing standard recipe cards for all menu items
- Control liquor, beer, and wine costs/usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, standard recipes and waste control procedures
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and work with the General Manager to administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
- Responsible for training front of house staff in cleanliness and sanitation practices
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for all front of house areas including (but not limited to) bar, service bar, dining area, biergarten, hallways/walkways and bathrooms
- Must stay current on all ServSafe and relevant Certifications
- Must be familiar with local and state restaurant guidelines and ensure ongoing compliance
- A positive attitude with a desire to succeed.
- Sound organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact with all types of people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Minimum 3 years restaurant management experience with proven ability to manage all aspects of a dining establishment
- Computer Literacy
- Organized and able to Communicate effectively with others
- Ability to analyze situations and make decisions based on fact and experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative/open work environment, and be able to work independently as needed
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and handle hazardous chemicals safely
We are committed to authenticity
At 1487 Brewery & Kitchen, we use our global experiences to bring a truly authentic and unique experience that the whole family can enjoy. We take great care to ensure that everything we produce is up to our exacting standards.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.