Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Brew and package beer according to brew schedule and per the Lead Brewer
- Assisting with milling, mashing, and lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters, racking beer from Fermenters to Brite Beer tanks, and ensuring all brewing processes are recorded properly.
- Keep Brewing Facility clean and functional at all times
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult Lead Brewer about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, Brewhouse, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed.
- Assist with inventory counts of finished beer, grain, hops, and other raw materials inventory.
- Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies etc. and report deficiencies to supervisor.
- Assist with inventory counts as needed.
- Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravities, DO, and carbonation of beers in tanks, in package, and at the Tap Room on a daily basis.
- Participate in beer tasting panels
- Work with Lead Brewer to keep an improvement log on all issues as they develop.
- Represent Blue Heron Brewery at various events, festivals and promotions. Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns.
- Follow all brewery and policies and procedures and follow current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc.
- Label all kegs and other package product in accordance with federal and state law using appropriate keg collars, labels and date codes.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A formal brewing education from a credited brewing program preferred.
- College Degree in a related technical field (Science or Engineering) preferred.
- Experience in a Commercial Production Brewery.
- Advanced knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.