Assistant General Manager
We’re looking to hire a people-focused, customer service driven, craft beer-loving & dedicated Assistant General Manager for our Retail Team. We need you to inspire the team and be the voice of BrewDog in Cincinnati and inspire a new army of craft beer fans!
As you educate and excite people about craft beer you will be working with the most passionate and energetic people in the industry. Be ready to walk, talk, eat, breathe, and most of all, drink, craft beer, and help others to do the same.
As you teach the joys of beer to others, we will offer amazing training and opportunities to develop your own beer knowledge and the environment to develop yourself! The Cicerone® program will help you achieve Craft Beer greatness, and we will reward you for passing.
Working within one of our bars is not just a job, it can be the start of an amazing career.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team and managing the daily operation of the business. They will be responsible for maintaining the standard of work from employees as well as onboarding and hiring new team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of people
- Support the General Manager with the operations and finances of the business
- Recruit and train new hires on business practices
- Drive the development of employees
- Ensure that quality of work or service is maintained
- Management and Customer Service experience Strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Comfort working with budgets, payroll, revenue, and forecasting Strong communications skills
- A minimum of 4 years of restaurant management experience is essential, 2 of which in a Senior Management position.
- Your position requires you to spend over 95% of every shift on the floor with your team, in addition to traditional job duties.
- Experience in successfully running an extremely high-volume all-day food and beverage outlet.
- 100% ability to manage every aspect of a high-volume flagship operation (finance, ordering, coaching, marketing, HR operations, etc). We live and die by our numbers.
- You are expected to be working when the business volume requires your presence – this means that on average you will be working 50+ hours a week – with Nights, weekends and holidays required.
- We want you to be a massive beer geek & you need to inspire others to become beer geeks, so we would like you to have a superior level of knowledge of craft beer & the brewing industry. We can & will provide comprehensive beer training for everyone that joins our business.
- If Craft Beer is your passion, customer service is the way you exercise that passion. Every day, you must want to go out & deliver amazing customer service. It must be what defines you!
- Be inspiring! Being able to make people passionate about great craft beer.
- Proven experience of successfully working with and developing a driven and high performing crew with examples of team progression
About the Team
We have an incredible team of 40+ crew members that are all absolute beer and service fanatics. You’ll be responsible for leading all of them, arm in arm, daily.
You will directly report to the General Manager
Back in 2007 in a small fishing village in North East Scotland BrewDog was founded by James Watt and Martin Dickie, two guys and their dog, at the start of a mission to make people passionate about Great Craft Beer. They were bored with the industrial lagers and stuffy ales that dominated the UK market. The solution? To take matters into their own hands and brew beer themselves. Ten incredibly busy years later and BrewDog has become Top Dog in the craft beer revolution in Europe; fighting in the trenches to make incredible craft beer. – In 2017, we opened our second brewery in Columbus, Ohio. After over two years of incredible success – we are continuing our core mission to make people as passionate about craft beer as we are in Cincinnati!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.