Brewer and Cellar Technician
Honoring the Past and Brewing the Future.
JOB TITLE: Brewer & Cellar Technician
EMPLOYER: Cartridge Brewing LLC
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer
SUMMARY: Cartridge Brewing is hiring a Brewer & Cellar Technician. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head Brewer. The hired Employee will execute all production activities in every aspect of brewing and cellar and quality operations. This is a hands-on position requiring exceptional technical skills including active participation and management of all brewing and cellar equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and efficiently performs tasks in grain handling, brewhouse, cellar, filtration, laboratory, cellar, and all other operations to process and clarify beer for timely release to packaging operations.
- Understand and adhere to recipes and formulas.
- Perform quality assurance testing, sensory testing and GMP documentation of all activities.
- Attention to detail with accurate data entry.
- Successfully perform initial and ongoing training and ensure personnel compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s for all activities in the facility.
- Lead and actively participate in daily shift meetings to review expectations, plan tasks, and communicate and discuss Key Performance Indicators to track performance in Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery and Costs.
- Ensure that the brewery and cellar are always clean and organized.
- Communicate production questions and issues with management.
- Report all accidents, near misses, and safety concerns to management. Actively participate in the company safety culture.
- Assist in end of month inventory procedures.
- Be a positive, professional collaborator ready to communicate and cooperate with internal and external partners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have at least 2 years cellar or other brewery experience.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft software programs (Outlook, Word & Excel.) Ekos experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to stand, walk and sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually required to taste or smell.
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move more than 50 pounds.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.56 – $23.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to firstname.lastname@example.org