Quality Laboratory Intern
Job Posting: Quality Laboratory Intern Location: Columbus, Ohio
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Laboratory Intern is responsible for assisting in the analysis of raw materials, in- process beer, and finished beer at all steps in the brewing and packaging process. This includes analytical and microbiological analyses as well as participating in sensory evaluation of raw materials and products. The lab intern will work closely with the quality manager and technicians as well as interface with brewers, cellarpersons, and packaging staff. In addition to learning and performing daily lab analyses, the lab intern will be provided an independent project they will complete by the end of their internship.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of food/fermentation science, microbiology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related field preferred
- Experience performing laboratory techniques (e.g. pipetting, microbiological plating) strongly desired
- High school diploma or GED required, bachelor’s degree or pursuing a bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly motivated to work in the brewing industry
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills (oral, verbal)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow company safety standards
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to lift, walk, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb on occasion
- Must be 21 years of age
Schedule and Compensation
20-30 hours a week (12-14 week internship)
$15 per hour
If interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Quality Lab Intern” in the subject line.
Columbus Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com