FOH Assistant Manager/Event Coordinator
PURPOSE: To be responsible for leading all Front of House aspects of our restaurant business. The Assistant Manager ensures that our restaurant operates smoothly so our guests have a superior customer service experience and can successfully “Chill out and have a beer.”
- Coordinate daily Front of House restaurant operations
- Provide ongoing positive and disciplinary performance management to assist with training staff on proper company policies and customer service practices
- Write schedules for restaurant staff
- Conduct inventory of products and place orders based on needs
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Oversee the dining room including checking-in with customers and balancing seating capacity
- Investigate and respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Maintain professional image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, proper uniform and appearance standards.
- Update daily draft list and special menus
- Ensure communication with Brewery staff on pending drafts
- Perform interviews and hire staff based on staffing needs
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Conduct opening and closing procedures (count drawers, run check reports)
- Handle administration, financial reporting and other paperwork
- Assist General Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Answer emails for and phone calls to coordinate the bookings of events and the needs for that event
- Communicate with other departments on scheduling and menu for each event
- Make sure that equipment in the event space is available and functioning properly
- Make sure that the event space is cleaned and set up prior to each event
- Keep inventory on event room supplies and communicate with other departments on any needs for more supplies
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated persons
- Maintain a clean and safe storage space. Help with neatly combining and reorganizing the merchandise and signage in the gift shop cage so the staff knows where to grab from.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Collect and complete accident reports for guest or employee incident
- Attend all required Safety training and maintain required certifications
- Exceed safety standards during daily operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; will accept relevant work experience in place of education
- Prior restaurant management experience required
- Strong knowledge of computers specifically EAP software, Word, Excel, POS system
- Experience with Aloha
- Flexibility to work shifts (day, night, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail and record keeping
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Innovative, ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel and crouch
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Work is primarily performed in the restaurant or kitchen. This job operates a touch screen computer, cash register, and a variety of kitchen/office appliances. The restaurant is housed within the production brewery so the employee may be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas.
- Limited travel to bank, post office or other suppliers may be requested
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.