PURPOSE: To be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, flatware, pots, or pans, and any other items used in the kitchen. Dishwashing machines or manual methods may be used. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Dish Cleaning Operations
- Scrape food from, sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the 3-compartment sink or dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Ensure clean dish water is being used with frequent changing of dishwater.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand or place in dishwasher if dishwasher safe.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Fill/Empty soak tubs with proper ratio of cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
Other Cleaning Operations
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Sweep/mop floors in kitchen and seating area.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Empty cigarette butt receptacles and sweep up smoker’s areas.
- Monitor doorways/sidewalks for snow removal and salt application
Quality and Safety
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first
- Other duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred
- Ability to communicate proficiently, including reading and understanding chemical SDS/labels
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail and thoroughness
- Innovative, ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; and crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; and balance.
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Work is primarily performed in the Tap House located within a Brewery Production facility. This job may operate a 3-compartment sink, a dishwasher, and a variety of kitchen appliances. The employee will be exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas.
- May require frequent nights and weekend work.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.