PURPOSE: To be responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The kitchen staff is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Prepares food served using established procedures
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved
- Apportions food for serving
- Maintains daily production records
- General kitchen cleaning duties including dishwashing must be performed by all staff according to rotating schedule
Quality and Safety
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks before service
- Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prior kitchen experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; will accept relevant work experience in place of education
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail and record keeping
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Innovative, ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; and crouch
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; and balance
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Work is primarily performed in the kitchen of a Tap House within a Brewery Production facility. This job operates an oven, stove, grill, slicer, coffee machine, taps, and a variety of kitchen appliances. The employee will be exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas.
- Limited travel to other locations or suppliers may be required
- May require frequent night and weekend work
To apply for this job please visit fatheads.com.