To be responsible for ensuring our retail Gift Shop provides a fun and friendly shopping experience for our customers. This role gets to outfit our patrons in all things Fat Head’s Beer by maintaining product knowledge. The Gift Shop Attendant provides input into the operating budgets, practices, and marketing of merchandise.
- Greet guests in a timely, welcoming, and friendly manner
- Speak with customers to understand their needs/wants and assist with answering questions
- Provide accurate product information and make merchandise recommendations to customers
- Inform customers of sales, specials or promotions
- Assist customers with purchasing kegs
- Accurately process transactions, including ensuring buyers of legal age, and resolve any issues
- Operate cash and credit card register
- Answer phone calls, respond to inquiries, transfer calls appropriately, and supply directions to facility
- Maintain a clean and organized gift shop that enhances the shopping experience
- Light cleaning such as dusting, vacuuming, windex windows, sweeping, mopping and emptying trash receptacles
- Stock/straighten merchandise shelves and beer cooler
- Assist with inventory maintenance
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated persons
Attend all required Safety training
- Exceed safety standards during daily operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work afternoons after 4 pm and must be flexible on weekends
- Must be 19 years old (required to sell packaged beer to go)
- Prior restaurant and/or retail experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent; will accept relevant work experience in place of education
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail and record keeping
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Innovative, ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
- High volume customer service/retail experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel and crouch
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Work is primarily performed in the Gift Shop and Beer Hall restaurant facility. This job operates a touch screen computer, cash register, and a variety of kitchen/office appliances. The restaurant is housed within the production brewery so the employee may be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, loud noises, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas.
- Will require frequent night and weekend work
Weekends and Evenings are required. We are a busy, high-volume restaurant/gift shop during these times.
Please send what days/times you are available to work in your cover letter.
Fat Head’s Brewing, LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for any employment decision without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Fat Head’s complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fat Head’s expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Fat Head’s is an at-will employer and this job description does not constitute a contract of employment. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.