Brewery Maintenance Technician
PURPOSE: To be responsible for providing safe, timely and accurate maintenance on all brewery equipment which includes but is not limited to packaging equipment, brewing and process equipment, or facilities equipment.
- Responsible to complete preventative and routine maintenance
- Troubleshoot, maintain, overhaul, lubricate, disassemble and repair as needed:
- Equipment includes high speed canning line and bottling line, depalletizers, switchback, sensors, valves, pumps, fillers, seamers, heat exchangers, filters, silos, augers, boilers, glycol chillers
- Focus on equipment repairs in a timely and, most importantly, a safe manner
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals
- Work with third parties to ensure preventative maintenance is done to manufacturer’s specs
- Fill in to operate department equipment as needed
- Assess job hazards and contribute to providing the safest work environment possible
- Maintain an organized and clean shop that extends to all areas where work is completed
- Perform cleanup and general housekeeping duties as needed
- Develop/Follow safety SOPs and logs for maintenance schedules
- Assist with special projects that involve the installation of new equipment
- Responds positively and quickly to questions or issues brought by production team members or third parties.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors degree preferred; OSHA certification preferred
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be on-call when necessary
- Minimum 2-5 years experience performing equipment maintenance
- Minimum 2-5 years experience with electrical equipment
- Minimum 2-5 years experience with fork lift, scissor lift or other PITs
- Understanding of Lock-Out/Tag-out, previous experience with automated LOTO preferred
- Able to work safely with industrial strength chemicals, acids, and/or caustics required
- Knowledge of BrauKon Brewing and/or CFT packaging systems preferred
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative, ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is primarily performed in the Brewery Production facility. The employee will be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards.
- Employee works with hazardous machines, materials and chemicals
- Employee works in wet environment with potential of slips and falls
- Employee works around high voltage, hot water and hot steam
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to sit; stand; walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; climb a ladder; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
Fat Head’s Brewing, LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for any employment decision without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, hair texture/style, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Fat Head’s complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fat Head’s expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Fat Head’s is an at-will employer and this job description does not constitute a contract of employment. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.