Shift Brewer (4 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
PURPOSE: To be responsible for maintaining and executing all brewery functions in accordance with policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practices to ensure the highest quality beer.
General Brewing Operations
- Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to brewing, cellaring, clean-in-place (CIP) procedures, yeast management and fermentation management.
- Ensures recipes are brewed to specifications
- Maintains accurate records and documentation
- Assists with proper tank management
- Communicates with Maintenance Supervisor about maintenance issues
- Daily use of computer inventory software to ensure raw material availability
- Other duties as assigned
Quality Control and Safety
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas
- Assist in QA/QC program and conduct routine QC protocols
- Alert Head Brewmaster immediately of any quality control issues
- Follow all safety standards including safe chemical handling and sanitary equipment maintenance
- Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Provide a safe and clean environment for brewery tours, events, and employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional brewing experience in a production brewery
- Fermentation Science Degree or related four-year degree preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science, brewhouse, and cellar operations
- Brewer Certification preferred
- Computer and math proficiency
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail and record keeping
- Passion for the brewing process and beer
- Innovative ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; and balance
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 10 pounds
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 55 pounds
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects that weigh more than 165 pounds
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires taste and smell capabilities to evaluate aromas and taste profiles
- Work is primarily performed in a production brewing environment. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations and other brew production related hazards
- Shift times vary.
Fat Head’s Brewing, LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for any employment decision without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Fat Head’s complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fat Head’s expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Fat Head’s is an at-will employer and this job description does not constitute a contract of employment. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply for this job please visit fatheads.com.