Packaging Line Worker
PURPOSE: To be responsible for performing packaging functions, pack, set-up, clean-up, and maintain general organization and cleanliness of the building and warehouse. The packaging department works as a team and is responsible for ensuring a high quality, sanitary, and safe product is efficiently packaged to ship out to the market.
- Manually stack and prepare pallets for shipping
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Monitor and control the quality of packaged goods
- Assemble boxes and packaging materials
- Operate machinery as needed
- Properly dispose of plastic wrap and cardboard, including use of baler equipment
- Assist with department cleanliness, organization and rotation of stocks of both raw materials and finished goods
- Assist shipping and receiving in management of incoming and outgoing containers, including but not limited to loading/unloading, preparation and receiving
- Keep tap room/gift shop beer consolidated and organized in cooler
- Power wash docks and clean up grain by silo
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks
- Report any building issues, such as presence of animals, vermin or insects; water leaks or other maintenance needs
- Report any and all health or safety hazards noticed
- Follow instructions and directions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to all Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Fork Lift Operator Certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Previous warehouse or custodian experience preferred
- Ability to report ready to work on-time
- Flexibility and adaptability to varying schedule preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Comprehensive communication skills
- Innovative, ambitious, safety conscious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear;
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; and balance
- Regularly lift, push, pull or move objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 60 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 60 lbs. and rarely more than 165 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work is primarily performed in a production brewing environment. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations and other brew production related hazards
- May require frequent weekend and overnight work
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.