Event & Social Media Coordinator
Grainworks Brewing Company is a rapidly growing brewery in West Chester, OH (founded in 2017), and we’re seeking an experienced Event Coordinator / Social Media Coordinator to help with our taproom and brand’s growth. They would handle the sales and coordination of internal events at the taproom, as well as manage our daily social media presence, and coordinate long-term social media campaigns.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about craft beer – not just drinking it, but excited about sharing the Grainworks experience and enthusiasm for our brand and products. A successful candidate would be extremely detail oriented, organized, a self-starter, resourceful, and technologically fluent, as well as possess excellent customer service skills.
We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience and performance. Part of the week would be “work from home,” and the schedule has some flexibility.
NOTE: For this position, we are currently only considering candidates living in or around the Greater Cincinnati/Dayton area.
EVENT COORDINATOR JOB DUTIES:
- Handle the sales and coordination of events in the taproom, including assessing client requirements, writing and managing contracts, setting up the space(s), and coordinating logistics and staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients by consistently and respectfully delivering value (all within the organization’s resource and budget constraints).
- Provides accurate information to clients regarding contract regulations and ensures smooth orchestration and communication to internal departments.
- Coordinates with kitchen to obtain catering options and pricing, specialty menu possibilities, coordinates event expectations, schedule and setup/teardown of serving equipment with accuracy.
- Oversees Grainworks and kitchen employee performance on the night of the event (for larger engagements, > 50 attendees).
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to market the event capabilities of the taproom.
- Ensure that we are achieving event sales targets.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR JOB DUTIES:
- Establish and maintain a consistent “voice” for the Grainworks brand on each social media platform.
- Update various social media channels on a daily basis.
- Plan out social media posts and large campaigns in advance, working ahead a month or more in scheduling posts.
- Coordinate social media posts and strategy with the taproom and outside sales team, in order to complement their outreach efforts.
- Send regular mass emails to mailing list members, in conjunction with other social media efforts and campaigns.
- Keep track of your relationships and interactions each day using CRM database software.
- Utilize technology to analyze data, uncover opportunities, and to maximize sales potential.
- Provides excellent customer service to all clients/visitors in the Taproom.
- Understand the Grainworks philosophy, branding, and approach to craft beer, and be able to share it fluently with others.
- Internalize and convey the Grainworks brand and values in your daily work.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media technology and trends.
- 1-3 years hospitality and/or events experience.
- Excels in interacting with the public, problem solving, and customer service; plus a willingness to pitch in to help maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Confident, poised, and comfortable with networking, customer interaction, audience-building, multitasking, and sales.
- Good at anticipating the needs of clients and event attendees.
- Experience managing and writing content for professional/commercial social media accounts.
- Experience coordinating and overseeing both small-scale (10-20 guests) and large-scale events (50-500 guests).
- Fluent in using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for professional social media marketing purposes, including creating and maintaining campaigns.
- Fluent in working with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and/or another mass email marketing platform.
- Comfortable working with HootSuite, Sprout Social, Loomly, Facebook Business, and/or other social media planning apps.
- Skilled at photography (product and event photography) and video capture, and comfortable using photo/video equipment.
- Comfortable with basic graphics tasks (using tools like Photoshop/Illustrator, and/or Canva, Gimp, etc.)
- Comfortable with basic video editing tasks (using tools like Adobe Premiere).
- Outgoing, optimistic, enthusiastic, persuasive, and well spoken. Attention to detail.
- Open and timely communicator, with clients, prospects, co-workers, and leadership.
- Comfortable managing your own time and being mostly self-directed and self-starting to achieve business objectives.
- Loves craft beer, steeped in the Cincinnati/Dayton Area beer culture.
- High School degree required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Available to regularly work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to drive, sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Knowledge of basic software programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have own, reliable vehicle.
- Weekly allowance of Grainworks’ handcrafted beer!
- Flexible work schedule.
- Reimbursement for travel and expenses.
- Fun work environment, with a helpful, supportive team.
- Access to industry events, festivals, and more.
- Training, continuing education, reimbursement for certifications.
- Base salary, plus bonuses for sales and performance levels.
- Major holidays, paid vacation, personal days, sick leave.
To apply for this job please visit grainworks.beer.