Cellar Technician (3rd Shift)
Essential Functions and Duties
- Thorough & timely communication with shift supervisor, maintenance, lab & brewing personnel for effective and efficient shift execution
- Participate in shift kick-off meetings and ensure effective shift change meetings with on-coming / off-going cellar techs
- Document events and results of shift, communicating to all stakeholders in defined processes
- Fermenter cleaning and sanitation
- Plate heat exchanger cleaning and sanitation.
- Lab analysis including ATP testing, yeast cell counts, yeast viability, chemical titrations.
- Yeast management for ale, lager, and seasonal strains.
- Communicate status of process / projects to appropriate personnel.
- Perform filtrations
- Ensure proper carbonation levels for packaging
- Participate in relevant project work
- Participate in relevant process improvements
- Harvesting and pitching of yeast through the yeast propagation plant
- General cleaning of cellar (tank exteriors, floors, etc.)
- Proactive involvement in other related duties in the cellar as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in science in science field, or recognized brewing technical certification is preferred
- Two years of work experience in brewing industry preferred
- Ability to work independently and make data based decisions & judgment calls
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with computer systems and able to function in Microsoft Office software suite
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Thank you for understanding that we cannot accept phone calls or emails regarding open positions.
To apply for this job please visit glbc.trackingtalent.com.