Lab Technician (2nd Shift)
This role will typically be a 2nd shift role (Monday-Friday), managing day to day operations of the Chem lab and Micro lab and related support functions with prioritized focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity, Sanitation and Accuracy for assigned shift, ensuring appropriate follow-ups on prior shift carry-over items and detailed, clear communication to management team and next shift lab person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Thorough & timely communication with shift supervisor, maintenance, cellar & brewhouse personnel for effective and efficient shift execution
- Participate in shift kick-off meetings and ensure effective shift change meetings with on-coming / off-going lab workers
- Document events and results of shift, communicating to all stakeholders in defined processes
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks on incoming raw materials
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks on active fermentations and aging fermentations.
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks on all packaged product and immediately report anything out of spec to respective operators.
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks in response to problems, issues, and unplanned situations
- Work with brewery personnel in efforts to get products, processes, etc. back into GLBC specifications
- Maintain quality parameters at all times, documenting all exceptions
- Managing taste panel in selecting what needs to be tasted as well as serving and clean up
- Data entry for all testing in all applicable areas
- Perform data analysis with data that is gathered making sure that exceptions and any data that is out of spec is properly documented and presented.
- Document all critical control points
- Work with prescribed chemicals, based upon established usage, OSHA, and MSDS requirements
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory and related areas
- Clean and maintain laboratory safety equipment
- Responsible for completion of all laboratory reports
- Attend and contribute to process and staff meetings
- Proactive involvement with other responsibilities and project work, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biology/microbiology or technically related field required with a minimum of one year of chemistry preferred.
- Three (3) years of work experience in science field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and make data based decisions & judgment calls
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast pace environment
- Ability to influence others in a positive and supportive manner
- Experience with computer systems and able to function in Microsoft Office software suite
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as needed
- Understands and utilizes Appreciative Inquiry
- Understands Lean principles with a focus on processes
- Understanding of brewhouse and cellar operations
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Thank you for understanding that we are unable to accept phone calls or emails regarding open positions.
To apply for this job please visit glbc.trackingtalent.com.