The Procurement Specialist will support business plans and needs around purchasing processes and activities designed to maximize profitability, while streamlining operations throughout the supply chain.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers, creating win-win partnerships that include clearly established expectations supporting operational requirements
- Refine purchasing process by leveraging the use of existing systems & tools, while identifying & developing new tools to improve purchasing process flow & control
- Develop and provide training to internal personnel on purchasing processes and protocols
- Lead development of new processes and procedures to improve raw material inventory operations
- Lead and manage contract negotiations, partnering with respective subject matter experts for all key materials; including raw materials and primary and secondary packaging materials
- Regularly review levels or re-order points to ensure inventory carrying costs are optimized against risks of stock outs
- Coordinate deliveries of material to correct locations using dock scheduler
- Generate, manage, track, and close out purchase orders on all purchases for materials within the supply chain.
- Conduct regular audits, cycle counts, and rotations of inventory at all inventory storage locations
- Establish and regularly update minimum order and par level requirements for products to reflect current market and supplier conditions and ensure cost effectiveness across all customers
- Evaluate existing suppliers for effectiveness and efficiency, establish metrics and criteria to recommend potential changes or development of supplier relationships
- Support 3rd party vendor, fulfillment, and warehouse contracts and identify future opportunities to maximize efficiencies
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
Minimum of five years related experience
- Excellent understanding of procurement and all of the key inputs and outputs
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems
- Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
- Results oriented, with ability to identify and deliver data driven solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while being a self-starter
- Experience in food and beverage industries
- Passion for the craft beer industry
- Understands lean principles with a focus on processes
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Professional certifications in inventory control, supply chain, purchasing or similar from APICS or ISM beneficial
- Certifications such as CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional), or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) desired
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Thank you for understanding that we cannot accept phone calls or emails regarding open positions.
To apply for this job please visit glbc.trackingtalent.com.