Beertenders are responsible for facilitating customer enjoyment by servicing taproom customers and performing customer service duties including, but not limited to, greeting customers and providing education about our beers and other products we carry, pouring/serving customers, and cashing out customers. The position requires knowledge of bar and draft operations, cleaning and hygiene, handling money, and responsible alcohol management. The ideal candidate for the Taproom Beertender is a self-motivated and independent worker able to handle a high volume and fast paced work environment. You must have great social skills and the ability to multitask. Other qualifications include politeness, strong work ethic, punctuality, attentiveness, and desire to work as a team player.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have the ability to work around alcohol without abusing it.
- Prior customer service or sales experience. Experience in craft beer, bar, or service industry preferred.
- Knowledge of craft beer styles and interest/passion for craft beer!
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to visitors and exceed customer expectations.
- Must be able to work Friday evenings and most Saturday afternoons/evenings. Our hours are 5-10 on Friday and 2-10 on Saturday. You will be responsible for end of night closing tasks. (We can work with you on schedule, when planned in advance.) Potential for more hours may be available if desired.
- Must possess superior cleaning skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to interact with visitors to develop and maintain a fun and positive public image by answering questions and educating guests about Headtrip Brewery, our beers, the differences between beer styles as well as the history of Headtrip Brewery and craft beer in general.
- Experience or ability to learn draft systems and clean bar operations including glass and growler washing and filling; sweeping and mopping floors; and straightening/cleaning tables/bar and other duties typical of Taproom operations.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Hourly beertender wage plus participation in tip pool. Tips are shared among shift employees. Associate discounts on beer and merchandise.
TO APPLY, READ BELOW:
Please send resume and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Short statement of your qualifications and experience
- Confirmation of availability required for this position
- Best way to reach you to set up an interview
- Include in the subject line “Beertender, Last Name, First Name”.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com