Fermentation Science Program Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Workforce Development, the Program Manager will provide leadership over the Fermentation Science academic program at Hocking College. The Program Manager will serve as the lead instructor of the Fermentation Science program, as well as oversee the production of craft beer, distilled spirits and wine for the college. The Program Manager will manage fermentation staff at both the college-owned brewery and distillery, leading the business efforts of both operations. The candidate should have a strong background in craft beer brewing and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership over the Fermentation Science academic program.
- Manage Fermentation Science faculty and staff.
- Lead curriculum development efforts for the program, including engaging advisory board members for bi-annual meetings to support program sustainability and growth.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Hocking College Brewery and Black Diamond Distillery, working under a pre-determined budget, and adhering to the business plan for each operation (brewery, distillery, and winery) to ensure the profitability of each venture.
- Supervise brewery and distillery staff, including student interns.
- Lead craft beverage creation efforts, including recipe development, labeling, branding, and distribution planning.
- Lead marketing efforts for the academic and commercial operations of the Fermentation Science Program.
- Complete and maintain required records including all reporting documentation required by the TTB and the Ohio Department of Commerce.
- Instruct Fermentation Science courses and provide students hands-on opportunities in the development, creation, and selling of craft beverage products.
- Work with faculty and staff to ensure the academic and commercial integrity of all beverage operations remains intact.
- Maintain a working relationship with regional craft beverage stakeholders.
- Engage business and industry in apprenticeship and employment opportunities.
- Advise students; develop and sustain student relationships through participation in student orientation, intrusive advising, coaching, and mentorship.
- Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, classroom observations, instructor evaluations. Provide actionable information to the Dean of Workforce Development, the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Workforce Development, and the President.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fermentation Science or relevant field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing craft beverage operations, brewery management preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years working in the craft beverage industry, brewery preferred.
- Must have knowledge of quantity production, staffing, inventory, cost analysis, ordering.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and POS System.
- Communicate well with Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Perform job functions to standards under pressure.
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development maintaining working knowledge of new innovative practices in Fermentation Science.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Knowledge of College resources available to students.
- Knowledge of organizational structure.
- Openness to suggestions for improvement.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in dealing with others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.