Sales and Distribution Manager
As an Ignite Sales and Distribution Manager, you will drive successful distribution and sales of Ignite’s craft beer throughout Northeast Ohio. This individual will be responsible for developing new relationships and managing existing account relationships to grow sales and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing Pillar Leads to develop annual and future sales goals and market expansion plans that support the brand, the business, and financial objectives.
- Complete sales reporting, including but not limited to revenue and volume forecasts, monthly sales performance vs. goals, competitive insights and trends, key account progress, and areas of opportunity.
- Engage in the company’s strategic goals and support the company’s mission of Making Beer Make a Difference through Curiosity, Community, and Craft!
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume across territory.
- Serve as a point of contact for potential new accounts and sales-related inquiries.
- Proactively plan daily / weekly / monthly activities to prepare for customer contacts to maximize sales.
- Develop relationships with accounts that are not currently customers and pursue sales leads.
- Directly call on accounts, sell in initiatives, i.e.: new beers, marketing promotions, point of sale materials, etc. that result in successful sale, distribution, and placement of Ignite beer.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with and promote the good will of the company. This includes but is not limited to managing difficult customer situations, responding promptly to customer needs, gathering customer feedback to improve products and service, and meeting customer commitments.
- Provide education and training about our beers and brand to key accounts.
- Ensure that all beer in distribution at accounts is rotated and code/compliance policy is followed.
- Manage sales invoicing, keg delivery and retrieval process, and associated data / reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities and work with Marketing to support programs in key accounts.
- Be a brand ambassador for Ignite and the Ignite team. Represent Ignite at customer events, tap takeovers, dinners, tastings, festivals, and other events as needed (may include some evenings and weekends).
- Other special projects & duties as assigned.
- Must have a passion for craft beer and the Ignite brand!
- Self-driven, self-motivated, results-oriented, positive attitude, and confident. Accountable for measurable, high quality, timely results.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills – comfortable thinking outside the box to generate new ideas, solve problems, and provide solutions.
- Communicate and build relationships effectively with supervisor, Ignite team, current and prospective customers on a professional level.
- Interact collaboratively, communicate, and present ideas. Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and influencing skills.
- Dedicate 40 hours per week to this role, and accurately and honestly track hours.
- Meet deadlines, organize, and manage multiple projects/tasks in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Work a varied schedule, including some evenings and/or weekends for events.
- Work independently and in a team.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of sales management experience within consumer products or beverage/alcohol industry.
- Prior direct sales team management. Wholesale distributor management a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; emphasis in business, marketing, or sales a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Ekos a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability to take and pass a background check.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.