The GM will effectively lead, manage and develop overall brewery operations and team members to execute best practices and maximize sales and profitability. This role will create a customer and working environment that exemplifies the company’s commitment to and vision of service, quality and neighborhood partnerships. This position will create a strong company bench by identifying and developing individuals’ skills and abilities.
- Communicate and lead teams to deliver the company’s vision, goals, expectations and policies while maintaining open communication channels for ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Empower teams to deliver a great customer experience.
- Delegate authority, responsibility and accountability to managers and create a coordinated, motivated management team.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Analyze P&L for business opportunities and to create appropriate action plans/strategies; evaluate store conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external business environment and manage the store’s competitive response.
- Manage the fiscal budget, in-stock, inventory, shrink, expenses including labor and supply management and cash control with a high level of integrity, urgency and responsibility and within the best interests of the organization.
- Maximize sales and profits by ensuring effective display and sales techniques, efficient ordering, scheduling and work planning to department managers and team members.
- Manage facility assets including promptly addressing maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance of floor conditions.
- Ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within company established compensation guidelines; ensure new team members receive proper orientation and training.
- Ensure adherence to all state and federal employment laws and company policies and procedures regarding team members through partnership with human resource and legal department support staff.
- Manage, support and develop managers through feedback, praise, and recognition; conduct weekly meetings to discuss departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Measure team member results and conduct regular evaluations of direct and indirect reports; evaluate management team and brewery team members to determine areas that require additional training.
- Manage with a positive leadership style, provide an open door atmosphere and ensure fair and consistent treatment in employment decisions and in administrating discipline, to promote positive team member morale.
- Train and coach department managers on all KPIs, product processing, and customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation; ensure department managers effectively communicate and train their department team members.
- Provide guidance in product and supply ordering, equipment setup, department organization and vendor assistance.
- Use initiative, ingenuity, creativity and good judgment to act on opportunities and issues as they occur within the brewery location; teach and advise department manager on sound decision-making principles and application in daily operations.
- Demonstrate a thorough and continually updated knowledge of brewery operations and seasonal and market trends in order to provide expertise and assistance to all departments.
- Ensure the location is properly stocked and merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; educate team members on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal variations on product and sales.
- Manage neighborhood partnerships by leveraging corporate resources and strategies; develop and maintain a positive image by participating and partnering in community events.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, team members, schools, vendors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all policies, programs and directives are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.