Primary Purpose of Position:
The Sales Representative will have an in-depth understanding of the craft beer industry and is responsible for increasing sales and awareness of Jackie O’s brand in primarily, but not limited to, Central Ohio. They will develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers at both on- and off-premise accounts. The rep will work as closely as possible with our distributor’s sales teams to guide and inform them of brand priorities and changes in product lines and also help them promote our brand. They will report sales issues and market conditions to the Director of Sales and assist in developing realistic sales goals.
- Generate and maintain sales in both current and prospective accounts
- Communicate regularly and professionally using in-person visits and/or texts/calls/email
- Effectively communicate new product releases and any changes in product lines to accounts
- Create and implement strategies to gain additional points of distribution in alignment with company sales objectives
- Fulfill all expected sales goals as determined by the Director of Sales
- Maintain an account and contact database
- Coordinate with the Director of Sales to set up and attend distribution sales meetings and ride-along sales days with distributor reps
- Schedule quarterly visits to markets outside of Central Ohio
- Plan, communicate, and attend events as needed
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
- Provide excellent customer service and education on Jackie O’s beers, culture and business practices
- Periodically work with other members of the Jackie O’s team to execute brand standards
- Maintain all personal budgets outlined
- Understand and maintain legal compliance when serving and selling beers
- Abide by Jackie O’s Code of Conduct when representing the brand
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
- Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability – Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Drives Vision and Purpose – Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the concept in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Collaborate – Work cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support from others.
- Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in beverage sales with a supplier or distributor.
- Proven computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and the corresponding G-Suite applications, and reliable internet access from home.
- Process and results-driven with demonstrated success managing and achieving goals.
- Strong data analytics skills with an applied critical rationale.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multitask, handle several competing initiatives simultaneously, and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented work mentality with process-oriented thinking.
- Strong capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes.
- A self-motivated approach, with a strong work ethic, and requiring limited oversight.
- Impeccable communication skills to a variety of audiences.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- Must be 21 or over
- Experience in sales or alcohol brand ambassadorship
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software
- Proficient with EKOS and Encompass or equivalent software
- Understanding of basic beer pouring equipment and troubleshooting of basic beer system issues
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel – 80% in and around the Greater Columbus area, 20% outside of that market
- Flexible work schedule, including some weekends
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to read and communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- Must have the ability to routinely lift & carry up to 50 lbs
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 160 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs on a regular basis.
Alcohol Responsibility – The employee must fully understand that they are a representative of not only Jackie O’s Brewery, but of the alcohol beverage industry. With that said they are always to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern for the education of responsible consumption. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals, and entertaining in the name of Jackie O’s Brewery. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action or termination.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.