Website jackieosbreweryjackieosbreweryjackieosonfourthJackie O's on Fourth
The Assistant General Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the business. Under the supervision of the General Manager, they are responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, training, organizing and decision-making to attain desirable profit-making results for the business. Communicates with the General Manager and Director of Retail
Operations on all decisions and financial needs.
Essential Characteristics of Jackie O’s On Fourth Employees:
- We are honest, accountable, and believe in doing the right thing.
- We treat everyone with empathy, respect, and dignity regardless of ability or circumstance.
- “Sustainably Crafted With Purpose” is our mission statement and should be embedded in all aspects of the company.
- Excellent communication with supervisors and colleagues – share ideas, concerns and successes with managers.
- Proactive problem solving. Be a part of the solution.
- Embrace big picture goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and facilitate thorough pre-shift meetings daily
- Help develop team members by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews
- Monitor, evaluate, and coach team member performance and guest service skills
- Promote cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees
- Participate in the interviewing, onboarding, and training process for all staff
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards and cleanliness
- Be visible on the floor throughout each shift while the store is open
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues
- Ensure that team members are pouring and ringing in drinks properly
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste
- Maintain expert knowledge of our menu and merchandise offerings
- Ensure team members are well versed in all menu and merchandise offerings
- Use digital communication log daily for shift and employee notes
- Create schedules to ensure that Jackie O’s On Fourth is properly staffed for all shifts
- Publish two weeks in advance
- Set up and execute events in conjunction with On Fourth Event Coordinator
- Resolve complaints from customers in a polite, timely, and friendly manner
- Promptly report all guest issues to the General Manager
- Actively participate in inventory process to ensure proper P&L
- Create order guide for beverage, bar supplies, merchandise, and office supplies
- Estimate needs and create pars
- Place orders with distributors and schedule delivery
- Ensure all supplies are always stocked
- Make sure all invoices are scanned into system same day as arrival
- Assist with and/or oversee maintenance/cleaning work
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Calculate beverage costs
- Responsible for ensuring that all assigned financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Write projections for labor and schedules on time with consideration of budget, forecasts, events, and talent
- Enforce sanitary practices for general cleanliness, and maintenance of serving and guest areas
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Additional duties as assigned
- Achievement Orientation – having the drive and passion to accomplish goals, excel in all you do, and be successful
- Adaptability – being able to adjust to new conditions
- Analytical Thinking – ability to identify and define problems, extract key information from data, and develop workable solutions for the problems identified
- Attention to Detail – achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved
- Client Focus – putting the experience of the customer first above everything else
- Collaborating with Others – working together with one or more people to complete a project/task or develop ideas and processes
- Decision Making – determining a course of action purposely from a set of alternatives to achieve organizational objectives or goals
- Digital Literacy – the ability to use information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information
- Emotional Intelligence – the capacity to be aware of, control, and express emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically
- Fostering Communication – effectively sharing information with and understanding information from employees, customers, vendors etc
- Improving Business Processes – identifying, analyzing, and enhancing existing processes to optimize performance, meet best practice standards, and improve quality
- Initiative – the ability to assess and begin tasks independently
- Managing Conflicts – identifying and handling disagreements sensibly, fairly, and efficiently
- Managing Resources – pre-planning, scheduling, and allocating people, supplies, or materials to maximize efficiency
- Problem-Solving – finding solutions to difficult or complex issues
- Resilience – the ability to recover quickly from difficulties
- Team Leadership – motivating director reports to act toward achieving the project or company’s goals
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous bar or restaurant management experience
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
- Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to stand the entire shift
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to lift/move up to 50lbs. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75lbs
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold.
- The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.