Website jackieosbreweryjackieosbreweryjackieosonfourthJackie O's on Fourth
The Event Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of all events from start to finish. They are the first and main point of contact for all Jackie O’s Brewery events, including in all our sales regions, and internationally. Assimilate information from event in-take forms to Jackie O’s employees, Cavalier Distribution staff, location/event organizers, and other channels to efficiently and effectively prepare promotional materials via the design department and social media specialists. Accurately complete event forms and ensure that all parties are briefed and aware of all pertinent details in a timely manner – including dates, times, locations, contacts, draft lists, itineraries, staffing needs from Jackie O’s and/or Cavalier, lodging, travel per diems, and all other relevant details. Clear and concise communication with supervisor, sales team, and design department is essential to the timely and effective completion of each event.
Essential Characteristics of Jackie O’s On Fourth Employees:
- We are honest, accountable, and believe in doing the right thing.
- We treat everyone with empathy, respect, and dignity regardless of ability or circumstance.
- “Sustainably Crafted With Purpose” is our mission statement and should be embedded in all aspects of the company.
- Excellent communication with supervisors and colleagues – share ideas, concerns and successes with managers.
- Proactive problem solving. Be a part of the solution.
- Embrace big picture goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the point of contact for businesses and organizations took their event at Jackie O’s locations. Reserve the space, communicate our capabilities, limits, and contribution (if applicable), and attend to all of their requests and needs. Forward all event requests to respective personnel for Athens event location requests
- Maintains concise up-to-date internal and external event calendars
- Ensures that customer requirements and specifications are adhered to and that events run smoothly, efficiently, and profitably o Consult with clients to assess and understand their needs for the event
- Communicates effectively with clients, vendors, and anyone related to the event in question in advance with follow-up and reminders as the event nears.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all event details and aspects, including but not limited to seating, beverages, catering schedule, itineraries and guest needs
- Manages events onsite in the Columbus location and addressing potential problems that may arise o Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event o Manages and helps with setup and tear down of event o Communicates staff/scheduling needs to General Manager or AGM at least two weeks prior to the event o Works with the General Manager on public events inside and outside of Jackie O’s On Fourth
- Manage all administrative duties and details associated with the event including financial operations, distribution of promotional materials, and responding to inquiries
- Create and disseminate price lists and negotiates contracts for services, dates, and times
- Collects and organizes information from internal staff, Cavalier Distribution, location/event organizers, etc. to efficiently prepare promotional materials via the Design Department and Social Media Specialists.
- Accurately completes event forms and ensure that all parties are briefed and aware of all pertinent details in a timely manner – including dates, times, locations, contacts, draft lists, itineraries, staffing needs from Jackie O’s and/or Cavalier, lodging, travel per diems, and all other relevant details.
- Assisting the sales team with events, promotional materials, and customer/retailer outreach.
- Working and communicating with the design team to create and complete promotional materials and social media promotions in an effective timely manner with GM’s and Director of Retail Operations
- Regularly review all Jackie O’s events to determine if they are worth continuing in the future – including keeping detailed follow-up notes after each event as to the logistics, organization, and attendance of each event.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
- Works nights and weekends regularly
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with great work ethic
- Multitasking ability necessary to move from one task to another at a fast pace
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to coordinate the actions of multiple parties
- Strong administrative skills
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Meeting, and Event Planning or related field or at least 1-2 years of experience in customer service, retail, event planning, or a related field
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to read and communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- Must have the ability to routinely lift & carry up to 25 lbs
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of events.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs on a regular basis.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Must exhibit hand coordination and dexterity for rapid productions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.