Packaging Operator – Level 2
Website LandGrantBeerlandgrantbrewinglandgrantbrewingcoLand-Grant Brewing Company
Packaging Operator – Level 2
The mission of Land-Grant is to bring our Ohio community together by building customer connections through our passion toward the craft, quality, and creativity of our beers and experiences. We build those connections by taking the lead in creating an inclusive and welcoming craft beer culture.
A Packaging Operator – Level 2 at Land-Grant embodies our core values: to Operate with Integrity, Perform with Pride, Cultivate the Community, Foster Creativity & Fun and Pursue with Passion. This person must enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment while responding quickly and effectively to production and schedule changes.
With direction from the Lead Packaging Operator but reporting to the Director of Brewing Operations, the Packaging Operator – Level 2 will run, maintain, and troubleshoot the canning line from beginning to end including necessary quality testing.
This individual will be required to fulfill all requirements for Packaging Operator – Level 1, with the added responsibilities of running the filler, labeler, and all quality testing necessary to ensure proper quality. They will also clean and fill kegs of draft beer for cold storage. This individual will be required to prepare, set up and clean the canning line and kegging areas and equipment daily as the production schedule dictates. This position will have both quarterly and annual reviews with opportunities for growth and development.
Packaging Operator – Level 2 Responsibilities
All responsibilities of a Packaging Operator – Level 1, which include:
- Assemble cardboard case trays for each canning run
- Assemble six-packs or 12-packs manually or using the Pak-Tech applicator
- Assemble full cases with six-packs or 12-packs
- Label beer as necessary using the automatic labeler or by hand
- Setup and run the Pak-tech applicator and depalletizer
- Troubleshoot and clear jams in the Pak-tech applicator and depalletizer
- “Lunch Coverage” knowledge of all canning line equipment
- Wash and fill Kegs using all methods available
- Assisting in other packaging labor duties as required
- Setup and teardown of the keg washer and filler
- Responsible for preparing, running and maintaining the following equipment for each packaging run:
- Deionized Rinser
- Ensure packaging materials are available to meet daily production needs
- All quality testing designated to be performed by the packaging team
- Training PO-L1 and PO-L2
Packaging Operator – Level 2 additional requirements include:
- Must be able to be on your feet for 9 hours
- Must be able to lift full cases of beer continuously
- Must be able to team-lift full kegs regularly
- Must be able to lift empty kegs continuously
- Must be able to drive a forklift proficiently (training is provided)
As Land-Grant’s business objectives and strategies evolve, the duties and responsibilities within this role may expand based on the individual skill set of this person or Land-Grant’s needs.
Packaging Operator – Level 2 Position Details
This is a full-time position, with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Performance-based incentive plan
- IRA Match
- Paid training and development
- Paid time off
- Land-Grant discounts (including free beer!)
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com