Taproom Shift Manager
About Lineage Brewing
Lineage Brewing is a small brew pub located in the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus Ohio. We are owned and operated by 2 neighborhood couples that are actively engaged in the business. We have a 7 bbl brewery that focuses on in house sales. Though beer is our passion, we also offer classic cocktails and a small menu of hand pies and pizza. We take pride in creating a positive atmosphere for our customers and for our staff. We enjoy seeing our staff grow and helping them achieve their personal goals.
The taproom manager works directly with ownership who is very active in the business. Responsible for maintaining operations of the taproom and empowering the taproom staff. Ensures that all of the staff’s daily duties are completed on time and to standard. Keeps track of inventory and works with ownership to order supplies. The taproom manager cultivates a positive working environment for everyone.
- Provide direct supervision to the taproom staff to provide a very high level of service.
- Maintain and improve current organizational structure.
- Interact with customers to develop and maintain a favorable public image.
Personal attributes required:
- A natural leader that can multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
- Maintains a positive attitude and can build morale.
- Willingness to rollup sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to provide a great customer experience.
- Compassionate and empathetic about understanding people’s needs.
- Outgoing and sociable. You like to talk to people and build relationships.
- Attention to detail. You notice the little things most people don’t see.
- Highly adaptable. You can roll with the punches and pivot when needed.
- The ability to close the taproom with no one else.
- A life-long learner.
- Honest and transparent.
- Problem solver.
- Willingness to do things the “Lineage Brewing” way.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time (8 hours).
- The ability to move a keg, tap a keg and carry a case of beer.
Job experience required:
- A passion for hospitality and the craft beer industry: The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience working in a high volume taproom or bar environment. No management experience is required, but leadership roles will be favored.
- Licensing and certifications: Level 1 food safety certificate is required. We can help you obtain this if you do not currently have one. A level 2 certification is required within 6 months. We will also help you obtain this.
- Proficient in basic computer skills: The ability to search the web, open and edit google forms, excel and/or apple numbers. Experience with Toast POS a plus.
Manage day to day activities in the taproom. Working with ownership to ensure that the staff has adequate support and tools to perform their duties. Use SOP checklists to ensure work is completed on time and to service level standards. This includes:
- Work on the floor and be available to the staff and customers.
- Support the team by overseeing opening and closing duties as needed.
- Serving behind the bar as needed.
- Working in the kitchen as needed.
- Supporting the team by providing breaks.
- Ensuring all necessary supplies are available to the bar team and the kitchen team. Restocking as needed.
- Recording and communicating to ownership when something is needed.
- Cash management: ensuring drawers have the correct amount of daily cash.
- On occasion, go to the bank to receive change orders or make deposits.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment at all times. This includes conflict resolution with customers, vendors and others as needed. Document incidents as needed.
- Scheduling of the taproom and kitchen teams. Publish the schedule and communicate with staff.
- Manage scheduling conflicts, no shows and call offs.
- Keep track of bar inventory and work with kitchen prep to monitor food inventory. This includes, but is not limited to liquor, wine, mixers, citrus, cleaning supplies, receipt paper, pens and sanitizer
- Keep loss to a minimum.
- Communicate updates to the staff.
- Standardize operations in the taproom through SOP documentation.
- Regularly check in with ownership to maintain high morale and engagement.
- Address performance issues through review processes and determine coaching/mentoring needs to drive improvement.
- Work directly with ownership to meet sales goals.
- Provide creative and fresh ideas to grow the taproom and improve customer experience.
- Maintain a 4.5 rating on google, yelp and facebook reviews.
- Act as a PIC when ownership is not present.
- Set personal goals for personal growth.
- Full Time: (40-45 hours per week)
- 8 hour shifts though on occasion it may be more. We want our employees to have a good work/life balance and will do our best to keep that to a minimum.
- Evening shifts often covering the closing hours.
- Weekly schedule: (Hours could change slightly depending on post COVID growth,)
- Monday: OFF (Business closed)
- Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: 2-10pm
- Thursday: 2-10pm
- Friday: 3-11pm
- Saturday: 1-9pm
- Sunday: 1-9pm
- This is a salaried position starting at $35,000 year with benefits.
- After 90 days of employment:
- 5 days PTO
- 3 sick days
- 1 personal day
- Paid Holidays
- Employee meals
- Employee discount
- Health benefits including dental and vision.
- Year end profit sharing.
Lineage Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender or personal beliefs.
To apply for this job please visit www.lineagebrew.com.