Assistant Taproom Manager
Website Little Fish Brewing Company
Little Fish Brewing Company
Little Fish is hiring immediately for the role of assistant taproom manager. This is a full-time position with benefits, with the potential to grow into a salaried position as full-time manager of our Athens brewery, or our upcoming satellite location in Dayton, Ohio. Experience in the service industry, a passion for craft beer, great communication, a friendly & welcoming attitude, and a great work ethic are absolutely essential. Please read on for more details. We hope to hear from you!
- Serve beer for customers in the taproom, and fill carryout beer orders
- Maintain safe, clean, healthy and sustainable taproom environment by daily cleaning
- Ensure an enjoyable and consistent customer experience for the public
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting experience
- Actively participate in external-facing events at the taproom
- Serve as brand ambassador
- Educate visitors about our products, company and culture
- Identify additional promotional/event opportunities and foster relationships for promoting the brewery
- Assist in meeting taproom financial objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals
- Facilitate inventory maintenance
- Participate in selection of appropriate merchandise
Additional duties as needed
- Daily opening and closing of the taproom for public visitation and private events
- Serving as point of contact for all taproom related inquiries
- Setting up, maintaining and cleaning draft system
- Ensuring adequate stocking of beer and sorting merchandise inventory
- Mitigating and responding to taproom related issues as they arise
- Communicate with brewery staff and owners on beer stock, beer needs, and any flavor or quality issues that may arise.
- 2 years minimum service-focused role in a bar/restaurant/brewery or similar environment, with management experience preferred
- TIPS (or equivalent) certification strongly preferred. Selected candidate will be required to become certified upon hire and before starting.
- Cicerone “certified beer server”, or similar beer training such as BCJP judge, preferred. Selected candidate will be required to obtain Cicerone “certified beer server” or higher certification within 1 month of hire.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills
- Ability to troubleshoot draft systems & identify beer quality issues.
- Strong communications skills – knowing when to ask questions, offer solutions, discuss issues and bring problems to upper management – and then communicating effectively in these situations
- Attention to detail and adherence to standard operating procedures with minimal deviation
- Retail math understanding required
- Retail point of sales system knowledge and experience highly recommended.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures including sanitary handling of beverages and potentially hazardous chemical and materials
- Candidates must be able to effectively perform the following on a regular basis:
- Ability to function productively while standing and moving for significant periods of time necessary
- Moving heavy objects repeatedly with minimal assistance required (i.e. moving cases/sixtels/135 pound kegs of beer by self or with use of a hand cart/dolly)
- Be exposed to wet conditions
- Ability to operate effectively with continuous, moderate noise levels
- Entrepreneurial team spirit: willing to take initiative and jump in where needed; resourceful in making suggestions and offering solutions
- Problem solving: ability to quickly assess a situation and solve problems in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to work independently but also know when to seek direction/guidance appropriately and as needed
- Understanding and appreciating the brewery’s goals of sourcing ingredients locally, seasonally, and operating as sustainably as possible
- Respect for employees of diverse ethnicity, socioeconomic background, gender identity, and sexual orientation
Compensation will be based on experience. Selected individual will be eligible to earn overtime compensation for hours worked over 40 in any given week plus tips earned.
- Pay is biweekly based on hours worked.
- Paid vacation
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Discounts on merchandise/food/beer
- Shift meal
Little Fish Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and values employee diversity with regard to (and certainly not limited to) race, ethnicity, gender, gender-identity, and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com