Assistant Brewer / Cellar Person
Little Fish Brewing Company
Little Fish Brewing Company, in Athens Ohio, (littlefishbrewing.com) is looking to fill the role of Assistant Brewer / Cellarperson in our small craft brewery.
ASSISTANT BREWER / CELLARPERSON:
- Preferred work experience of 1 year in a professional brewery.
- Preferred formal brewing education, or in-depth homebrewing experience.
- You must be hard working, positive, creative, and willing to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds repeatedly, climb ladders, and work on feet all day.
- Excellent ability to follow directions and SOP’s without straying.
- Willingness to work the rare evening or weekend day.
Job responsibilities include:
- Cleaning kegs, filling kegs.
- Assisting the brewer with brew days.
- Training towards independent cleaning / sanitation of brewing tanks.
- Keeping the brewery clean from ceiling to floor drain (this is a shared responsibility).
- Labelling beer bottles on a semi-automatic labeler.
- Keeping a strict cleaning / sanitation firewall between “clean” and mixed-fermentation beers & equipment.
- Ensuring safe & clean work practices at all times.
This is a part-time (35-40 hrs/wk) position. Pay is $14 / hour, shift meal is a benefit, and some paid time off / sick days. Raises are a regular occurrence, as long as employees are meeting job standards. *Please keep in mind when considering the pay rate: Athens’ cost of living is comparatively low, at .87 the national average.
*IF THIS POSITION SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!:
PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO seanywonton (at) gmail (dot com). APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Little Fish Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and values employee diversity with regards to (and certainly not limited to) race, ethnicity, gender, gender-identity, and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to firstname.lastname@example.org