Responsible for setup, maintenance and operation of the bar. Takes drink orders from patrons or servers and prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to standard and in-house recipes. Mixes ingredients for cocktails and serves wine and draught beer. Rings drink orders into the POS system, collects payment and makes change. May also wash and sanitize glassware, prepare garnishes and/or mixes for drinks and prepare and replenish appetizers.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for a quality guest experience.
- If guests are eating at the bar, informs guests of specials and menu changes.
- Offers specific beverage recommendations either upon request or you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Offer suggestions for beer and food pairings off the current menu.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system before taking items to guests.
- Clean and prepare the bar for arrival of drinks and food items.
- Perform side work during each shift as required.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Conducts and records opening and/or closing inventory to maintain a clean and stocked bar service area.
- Monitor and observe guests’ experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and beverage service.
- Be able to recognize whether a customer has had too much alcohol
- Check ID’s to ensure customers meet the legal age requirements before serving them alcohol.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare the final bill, present a check to guests, accept payment, and process through the POS system.
- Maintains an accurate cash drawer throughout the shift and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow coworkers before they ask and be a strong contributing member of the team.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Notify manager-on-duty of any maintenance or unsafe conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills.
- Previous server experience in restaurant or hospitality required or minimum six months experience working at a Loose Ends Brewing in a host, busser or other similar guest interfacing position. Must have good performance and manager reference.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by state law to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must have the ability to handle money, make change accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must have food handler’s card and alcohol awareness training certification where required by state and local laws.
- Shift flexibility, must be able to work different shifts including nights, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Additional Cicerone® certification is encouraged.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work under stress, have organizational skills and be able to multi-task throughout a shift.
- Should be able to perform under a high stress environment and remain calm if criticized by customers.
- Must have a clean, professional appearance with excellent grooming habits.
- Be able to safely lift, carry and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit looseendsbrewing.com.