Marketing Design Intern
Website MadTree Brewing
We are looking for part-time help for a 6-month Design internship from October 2021 – March 2022. This internship offers flexible hours up to 20 hours weekly (with the potential for more hours as needed). Pay is $15/hour along with other great perks!
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose.
POSITION: Marketing Design Intern
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH (Oakley)
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Design Intern works within the Marketing team to help with graphic design and development. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck. Additionally, the Marketing Design Intern will:
- Be an outgoing and persuasive individual who is very comfortable meeting new people.
- Set a motivational tone and establish a high degree of optimism focused on the people in the work environment.
- Execute a strong attention to the details and specifics of the work assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and/or illustrate work in brand design, layout, print design, and/or the creation or refinement of assets and artifacts that carry our brand forward.
- Be a relatable member of the team who ensures all work is completed with excellence and in a timely manner.
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing team to assist with the graphic design of print and digital materials, advertisements, logos and social campaigns.
- Design content and graphics for marketing campaigns, events and taproom posters.
- Think creatively and deliver a wide range of concepts.
- Design product packaging and work with printers to ensure quality execution.
- Create illustrations for beer can designs.
- Assist with social media content creation.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
- Enthusiastically spends a minimum of 8 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives.
- Work within design specifications, time restraints and budget restrictions.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and the web.
- Ability to manage and optimize workload, prioritize multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to justify design decisions and work with teammates to determine optimal creative solutions.
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail in design work.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication, both written and oral.
- Effective and frequent communication with manager and staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Interest in craft beer industry preferred.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of an office, bar, restaurant, brewery, and the outdoor natural environment.
- The employee occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- The employee occasionally works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee occasionally must work in a sanitary environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.