Are you into cell counts, CIP cycles, and clarifying? Are you someone that gets the job done right the first time, every time, and on-time? Do you care about giving back to your community and operating sustainably? You should apply for the Cellar Assistant I position!
Pay starts at $17.00/hour and includes healthcare benefits, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and a retirement plan match that begins immediately.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like subsidized health insurance, a retirement plan with a match that begins day one, profit sharing, paid time off, and many other great perks.
POSITION: Cellar Assistant I
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cellar Assistant I works within the Production Department with responsibility for all cellar operations, sanitation, and clarification. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be an avid MadTree ambassador, embodying the purpose, vision and values at all times.
- Accountable at all times for personal safety as well as the safety of those around them.
- Alerts management personnel immediately to potential quality concerns.
- Maintains a high level of initiative, independence, and productivity in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Performing all cellar operations: Ingredient dosing, Centrifuge/Filter operation, Fermenter CIP/Scrub/Sanitation, Checking Gravities/Monitoring fermentation (Including Glycol Controls), Brewhouse knockout sanitation, Yeast inventory management including cropping and pitching, yeast propagation system management, BBT cleaning and sanitizing, serving tank transfers, and RTD cocktail blending.
- Accurately and completely follows all cellar SOPs and GBPs.
- Identify and correct all front-line cellar and quality control issues. Escalate any issues that cannot be immediately resolved to Cellar Lead and/or Head Brewer.
- Use of equipment such as: Cellar automation systems, CIP skid plus cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, Centrifuge, Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment, Dry hop skid and Powered industrial trucks.
- Extensive accountability and inventory documentation and maintenance of accurate records.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance.
- Assist as needed with brewing-related operations: Milling, Mashing, Lautering, Boiling, Whirlpooling, Knockout, Grain out, Brewhouse Vessel CIP.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- May be assigned to independent quality-related projects, cross-training initiatives, and/or interdepartmental teams for research, innovation, or troubleshooting.
- Support MadTree Brewing at public events as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of 1-2 years of professional brewing experience or equivalent education.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Comfort with multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Self-motivated, clean, thorough, and passionate about producing world-class beer.
- Effective and frequent communication with manager and support staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to and advance protocol in a diverse work environment.
- Proficient in Google and/or Microsoft Office suites.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Pay Range: $17.31 – $21.48 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.madtreebrewing.com.