Hospitality Operations Director
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability.
WHY MADTREE? WHY NOW?
First, let’s state the obvious – we make great beer (and canned cocktails), and it keeps getting better. And we’ve got the medals to prove it. We operate one of the most successful taprooms in the region, have one of the hottest new restaurants in the city, and are one of the largest beer producers in the state of Ohio. COVID-19 didn’t slow us down and we’ve continued to push our growth strategy through the uncertainty.
We continue to invest in and build a team of talented folks who are taking this company to the next level. We’ve continued our push into hospitality with the opening of our Alcove restaurant this spring in the heart of OTR. We continue to grow, evolve, and invest in our company and community. And we have one hell of a good time in the process. Buckle up!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re a positive motivator that knows how to lead and connect teams to achieve results. You’re an adaptable critical thinker that receives feedback openly and sees it as an opportunity to be better. You’re constantly problem-solving, thinking ahead, and proactively challenging yourself and others to make a positive impact in their roles and for the planet. You actively leverage robust support systems in the organization to jump over hurdles on your way to the finish line. These things energize and propel you to make MadTree even better.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like paid volunteer time, subsidized health insurance, a retirement plan with a match that begins day one, paid time off, and many other great perks.
POSITION SUMMARY: Works as a member of the Hospitality team to direct and oversee all food and beverage operations. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES IN ORDER OF PRIORITY AND PROJECTED TIME ALLOCATION:
30% – Developing and leading teams to build a strong culture with a focus on development and retention.
45% – Developing and executing functional operational plans that achieve identified targets.
15% – Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Note: Ten percent of time is reserved for ancillary responsibilities and activities unrelated to the key performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create an engaging and energetic environment where all employees work as a team to deliver a shareable experience for all guests.
- Collaborate with Executive Chefs on culinary components of concepts to ensure highest quality, consistency, and optimal consumer experiences.
- Accountable for creating and managing mutually successful close vendor-partner relationships.
- Manages positive close working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Impact, Consumer Experience, Production, Finance, People Strategy, and ownership.
- Accountable for the financial and operational performance of taproom and restaurant revenue centers, including oversight of the annual budget and establishing revenue growth targets for all areas while leading with consumer experience and impact.
- Gather insights and develop plans to deliver on financials, operations, staffing, consumer experience, and impact.
- Work closely with the Consumer Experience team to manage and consistently deliver a cohesive, on-brand experience at all consumer touchpoints.
- Leads growth and development of direct team including performance management and professional development.
- Development and implementation of all hospitality service standards and standard operating procedures through partnership with location GMs.
- Develop action plans, measure progress, and report out on progress of quarterly and annual operational plans to achieve Objectives and Key Results.
- Track weekly and monthly results and trends for business forecasting.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to identify challenges and opportunities, and develop solutions.
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple and growing hospitality concepts through constant communication with all managers as well as spending time in the spaces to observe and support operations.
- Provide high-level internal and external customer support.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Enthusiastically spends a minimum of 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives as well as leading the team with that same enthusiasm.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
4+ years of high-volume gross margin restaurant operations leadership ($6M+ single or combined multi-unit revenue)
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed with the ability to travel regularly to our locations as needed for on-site presence.
- Be a proactive, confident self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised.
- Provide a high level of service through your personal interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, and efficient; able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to build relationships and motivate others.
- Experience with POS management and restaurant ERP system, Aloha and R365 preferred.
- Proficient in Google and/or Microsoft Office suites.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, and walk.
- Ability to frequently talk and hear.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is usually that of a typical office, restaurant, and bar environment.
The employee occasionally works near hazardous materials.
The employee occasionally works on wet floors.
Pay Range: $91,600 – $118,450 per year
To apply for this job please visit www.madtreebrewing.com.