Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
Do you love working in the hustle and bustle of a busy taproom to provide outstanding service to the people you meet? Are you someone that is energized by exceeding expectations and delivering memorable experiences? Do you care about giving back to your community and operating sustainably? You should apply for the Taproom Host position!
The position pays $7.00/hr plus participation in the tip pool with lots of great perks! We’re looking for folks that can work weekdays and evenings plus at least one weekend shift.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like a retirement plan with a match that begins immediately and many other great perks.
POSITION: Taproom Host
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Taproom Host works within the Taproom team with responsibility for seating guests, keeping tables clean and sanitized, and interacting with guests to provide an elevated experience. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck. Additionally, the Taproom Host will:
- Provide outstanding customer service to and build customer relationships with taproom guests.
- Focuses on completing all tasks assigned and regularly looking for additional work that needs to be done
- Be a relatable member of the team to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing a high level of service through your positive, upbeat personal interactions with customers.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Seating customers quickly and efficiently.
- Checking temperatures, masks, and other COVID-19 related safety measures.
- Moderate cleaning and sanitization all high-touch surfaces.
- Clearing and cleaning all tables and ensure waste is deposited into the appropriate receptacles — trash, recycling, and composting.
- Monitor taproom and restrooms for cleanliness and supply inventory.
- Working as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- 1+ year service experience preferred.
- Must possess or obtain Cicerone Level 1 certification within first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours on a regular basis.
- Positive attitude and strong desire to helpful.
- Effective and frequent communication with manager and support staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Comfort with working independently, multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a bar and brewery.
- The employee occasionally works near hazardous materials.
- The employee works occasionally on wet floors and with wet equipment
To apply for this job please visit madtreebrewing.com.