We are hiring bartenders for our award winning brewery and restaurant in Downtown Cleveland! Since our doors opened in January 2017, we’ve built our brand and reputation as one of the nation’s best new breweries, and our employees are key to that continued success. See below for this role’s responsibilities and qualifications:
- A strong passion for craft beer is required. Do not apply for this job unless you can have a detailed conversation about craft beer in an interview for at least 20 minutes.
- No previous experience is required, however, detailed knowledge of craft beer is obviously required, as well as working knowledge of liquor, wine, and cocktails and food.
- Cicerone Beer Server Certification and TIPS on-premise training are a plus. If you aren’t currently certified and are hired, you must pass the tests within one month of starting.
- This role is only open to non-smokers.
- You must be able to work a minimum of 4 shifts per week between Tuesday and Sunday to be considered for employment.
- With our service model, the bartender is our guests’ main point of contact throughout their visit. As such, it is imperative that our bartenders always conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner, and ensure the guests’ expectations are exceeded.
- Beer and drinks are considered a food product by our regulatory agencies, and as such, proper sanitation and food safe practices are required for all bar staff.
- Verify the identification and age of every guest and practice serving safe, responsible alcohol consumption in accordance with Ohio Liquor Laws.
- Take the guests’ orders in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure every item ordered or removed from inventory is entered through the POS system.
- Begin each shift with the knowledge of:
- Current menu items, including items that may affect allergies and intolerances.
- Current beer list, including styles and ingredients.
- Recipes for specialty cocktails, as well classic examples.
- Ability to work as a part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Duties include occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs, and occasionally maneuvering up to 160 lbs.
- Able to stand and walk in excess of 8 hours.
- Ability to speak, read, write & understand English.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.