Cellar and Packaging
Beer that moves you
Outerbelt cellar team members are responsible for maintaining cellar cleanliness and sanitation, monitoring cellar data, preparing equipment and operations for brews, beer transfers, beer filtration, dry hopping or fruit or other adjunct additions, beer carbonation, and packaging. Cellar operator should match the rest of our team with an attitude of “good is never enough” and a constant drive to push out the best beer possible every time.
While Outerbelt is growing everyone in production must chip in on packaging, with room to grow into supervisor level positions as needs arise. Cross-training onto production brewhouse (30bbl) and pilot brewhouse (3.5bbl) available.
Cellar applicant should minimally have experience with cellar tank CIP/SIP principles, beer transfers and filtration. Operational understanding of low-speed canning lines a must, experience preferred.
- Fulfill all production duties of the beer making process according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all product is within standards of recipes and quality assurance goals set by the head brewer.
- Maintain brewing logs, cellar logs, and other related documentation.
- Attend required meetings.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Occasionally provide brewery tours for guests.
- Possess a knowledge of beer and the brewing process.
- Willingness to attend and participate in festivals and other promotional events as deemed needed by supervisor and management team.
- Manage taproom draft equipment.
- Perform all job duties within the structure described in the employee handbook at Outerbelt Brewing Company.
- High school diploma, formal brewing education and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- Organized, clean, and detail-oriented attitude.
- Troubleshooting skills of brewing and mechanical processes.
- Be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Be able to move 130 pounds.
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Work safely around hazardous chemicals.
- Read, write and do basic math.
- Health insurance
- Company matching 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com