Line Cook/Prep Cook
General Description: A line cook is responsible for ensuring our guests have an unparalleled dining experience when they enter R. Shea Brewing. Line cooks will help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The line cook will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area.
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using provided recipes
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensure that all kitchen, and food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Work as a team with co-workers to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a FIFO schedule
- Tend to special guest needs and requests.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- During down time make sure all delegated tasks are completed
- Follow proper channels of communication between coworkers, MODs, and Owners
- Complete side work and cleaning tasks
- Answer, report, and follow Manager on Duty’s instructions
- Must complete ServeSafe training
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and focus on customer service
- Excellent people skills and a friendly attitude
- Responsible and Trustworthy
- Ability to stay busy during slow periods
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout entire shift
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.