Class A CDL Driver
Responsible for transporting goods in a safe manner using tractor-trailer trucks. Operates tractor-trailer trucks with a capacity over 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight. Requires a minimum an excellent driving record, and a current CDL A license with 5 years of CDL A experience.
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Make sure amount and type of cargo being delivered is recorded.
- Have the ability to drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a manager any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect the tractor and trailer before & after the trip, record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to wholesalers and clients on time.
- Take legally required rest periods during trip.
- Maintain log of trips.
To apply for this job please visit rhinegeist.com.