Rhinegeist Brewery is a regional craft brewery in the historic neighborhood of Over-The-Rhine in downtown Cincinnati, OH. We have built a strong and dedicated team of 300 employees that believe in the power of beer to bring people together, create fantastic ideas, and build a community that values craft beer and one another. Rhinegeist Brewery has an exceptional opportunity for a talented CD to lead our creative team. We are a growing organization but generally the opposite of any corporate or large agency environment! We’re looking for someone that shares our personality, love for creative and can beat the drum in a rhythm to fuel our creative fires.
The Creative Director will manage and guide both the upstream creative and production processes. This role will cement and codify brand standards and facilitate those standards through creative execution with a small team of designers. The ideal candidate has conceptual and ideation super powers, excellent design chops, organizational/leadership abilities and a desire to coach members of the team.
Additionally, this person is responsible for designing and developing a variety of projects from conception through production (brand identity through communication planning) They must be willing to jump in as both player and coach and will partner closely with the Founder, VP of Sales and Director of Marketing on initiatives.
- Collaborate on the strategic planning, creative strategy and communication planning.
- Identify creative opportunities that further the brand
- Lead the assigned creative team through brainstorming and creative development (across all touch points)
- Evolve brand identity and codify brand standards
- Includes creative concepting and execution across website, social media, packaging, point-of-sale, on and off premise events, advertising campaign development, video, photography, sales collateral, apparel and merchandise items.
- Manage/Mentor team of designers (including direct reports).
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, graphic design or related studies
- 10+ years of creative experience, preferably in an agency setting, with direct reports
- Proven coaching skills of young designers
- Ability to manage a project from concept to production
- High level of knowledge of technology standards and usability principles
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
We offer competitive wages and benefits including health insurance, 401k with match, 3 weeks PTO, ESOP participation, paid parental leave, delicious beer and more.
Rhinegeist welcomes all people and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Please consider applying even if you do not match all the listed skills/abilities.
To apply for this job please visit rhinegeist.com.