Strategy and Innovation Business Analyst
We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst. This position will be based in Cincinnati. The role will be focused on supporting the executive team as we look to continue to grow and innovate our business. We’re looking for someone that shares our zany personality, love for craft beer and can beat the drum in a professional and inspiring rhythm to further our growth and partnerships in the craft beverage space and in the community.
The Strategy and Innovation Business Analyst will aid the executive team with the vetting and investigation of ideas and concepts that will help propel our business forward. Imagine being presented with a list of 30 ideas ranging from new product lines, new distribution territories, new taprooms, to freight trucking opportunities, contract brewing, or t-shirt sales; Then possessing the skills, broad intelligence, resourcefulness, and self-motivated thirst for information to research these ideas (both third hand and first-hand), build financial models, and present a summarized cost / benefit analysis for each. Then consolidating all of those into a comparative presentation format, prioritized rank order based on the detailed analysis and the relative cost vs. potential impact to the growth of the business. And being comfortable presenting that to upper management with an ability to respond to their questions. Nobody can be an expert in the wide range of areas covered, so we need someone with the intelligence and ability to get up to speed and become a proxy-expert in new genres quickly – bringing outside, fresh insights and ability to speak fluently on new topics with industry experts after a short stint of research and engagement. After hacking through the initial list of broad ideas, there will be a constant flow of new ideas from all directions to evaluate and add to the mix. As you get more adapted to the role, we’d also look for you to bring your own new ideas into the mix.
For the right person, this can be one of the more fun roles in existence! But for the wrong person, this can be a real disaster on both sides. So please do not apply if you do not have at least 3 years of business analysis / consulting experience and feel highly confident in your ability to complete the above in a competitive environment.
- Lead analysis of Strategic Ideas and Innovation ideas.
- Create dashboards for review by the Strategic Team.
- Help develop analysis of innovation and ideas that will lead to business growth.
- Ability to create a concise process to vet ideas and determine viability.
- Create and present internal business reviews with clarity and consistency.
- Handle Ad- Hoc requests in a timely manner based on business needs.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 3+ Years of experience in business analysis or consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and financial modeling for various types of business concepts
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite for data examination and interpretation, and particularly with PowerPoint or other presentation software to be able to present comparative analysis of a wide range of ideas in a consolidated format
- Excellent communication and time management skills
We offer competitive wages and benefits including health insurance, 401(k) with match, starting at 17 days of PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Plan participation, paid parental leave, delicious beer, etc.
Rhinegeist welcomes all people and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Please consider applying even if you do not match all the listed skills/abilities.
To apply for this job please visit rhinegeist.com.