VP of Hospitality and Taproom Experience
Rhinegeist Brewery is a regional craft brewery based in the historic Over-The-Rhine in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. We have built a strong and dedicated team of employees that believe in the power of beer to bring people together, create fantastic ideas, and build a community. Our unique group of employee-owners believes that it is our responsibility to make inspiring beverages and cultivate memorable experiences. We strive to find high-quality, creative solutions with a fierce spirit of independence as we grow. Rhinegeist welcomes all people and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The VP of Hospitality & Taproom Experience oversees and executes the planning, training and communication necessary to continue to grow sales, control costs, manage employee performance, assure quality, achieve bar standards, grow merchandise sales, manage security, and enhance tours, events, and the overall guest experience. They are an entrepreneur & collaborator – developing our Taproom as an essential destination in Cincinnati and within the Craft Beer Industry by creating an engaging, inspiring, and welcoming environment for everyone. Also continuing to look for growth avenues within our current footprint and beyond to help create the Rhinegeist Taproom Experience.
- Primary responsibility of growing our Taproom and Merch revenue and profitability within Cincinnati and to explore additional growth opportunities.
- Oversight of the Taproom and Merchandise Management Team and Staff including Bartenders, Barbacks, Security, Merch Associates, Tour Guides and Taproom Custodians/Maintenance to assure efficient and effective cost control.
- Build an environment of exemplary customer service and motivated employees, ensuring that the Taproom is an inspiring place to enjoy Rhinegeist beverages.
- Coach, monitor, and appraise the performance of team members. Track progress, complete performance reviews and provide continuous feedback.
- Administer fair, prompt, and consistent corrective action for violations of company policy, rules, or procedures.
- Identify individual and group training needs, initiate development of training materials.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff members as needed.
- Guide monthly and daily team schedules for optimal success.
- Develop and enforce opening & closing procedures.
- Drive business through strategically planned events & promotions.
- Make tactical decisions to execute the overall vision of the department; determine a plan of action and delegate tasks based on the priorities outlined by Director
- Maintain an expert level of beer & brewery knowledge and foster a mentoring environment for staff around growing their knowledge.
- Manage and operate within the given department budget plan
- Oversee beer and vendor orders, ensuring they are placed on time and are driving sales
- Act as an expert on software systems and department processes to trouble-shoot for greater efficiency & resolve potential issues
- Communicate with the Taproom Management Team and Staff to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Collaborate with the Private Events Management Team and Staff to elevate the overall hospitality experience at the Brewery
- Manage Taproom Custodial and Maintenance Teams as well as External Maintenance Vendors to ensure Taproom is a safe, clean, and functioning environment
- Communicate and Collaborate with the brewery at large to maintain great working relationships
- 5+ years prior experience in bar & restaurant management in a growth environment
- Enthusiasm for managing a team and mentoring individuals
- Expert at customer service; genuinely enjoys interacting with guests and others
- Strong management skills
- Experience opening and growing new spaces
- Ability to teach/train others
- Productive & results oriented
- Ability to manage and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive
- Will be required to have beer server certification (training provided)
- Strong alignment to company culture and values
- Strong management skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and with limited direction
- Ability to collaborate and work well with management, peers and across functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please consider applying even if you do not match all the listed qualifications. Additionally, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Benefits at Rhinegeist
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- 17 days of PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability/Additional Life Insurance
- Dependent Care – Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match Offered
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Free Break room Snacks
- Beer and Merchandise Allowance
To apply for this job please visit rhinegeist.com.