Royal Docks Brewing Co. in Canton, OH is looking for one kitchen manager to join our 46 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and hard-working.
Seeking a creative and professional Kitchen Manager with excellent people/supervisory skills, experienced with administrative duties and who understands how to get the job done and takes ownership of the operation.
In addition to being a talented Kitchen Manager able to create and produce high quality food, the Cook must be a capable administrator. He/she must be able to control costs, meet deadlines, practice proper sanitation and relate well to our guest and their requests. The Cook must also be able to handle and prioritize multiple functions and responsibilities simultaneously. The Kitchen Manager is pro-active in regards to improving both front and back of the house service and must always be approachable and receptive to input and critic.
The Kitchen Manager must be creative with presentation and aware of current trends and techniques. You will be responsible for the preparation of all food items. We have a limited but diverse menu that requires speed and accurate preparation. Our kitchen is well designed with ample working space. We want you to feel proud of each item you send out. You are also responsible for maintaining equipment and the cleanliness of your surroundings.
The Kitchen Manager is an integral part of the management team and is able to contribute thoughts and ideas that result in increased revenue and improved member satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food Preparation Execution
- Order food from multiple vendors on a weekly basis and maintain food inventory
- Develop and maintain inventory and prep pars
- Prepare all food items in a sanitary and timely manner, follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by Royal Docks Brewing Company
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift
- Clean and maintain kitchen while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills
- Understand proper use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
- Adhere to proper storage and hierarchy of food
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards
- Know to keep track of and report all food waste
- Must handle and rotate all food products properly
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance and safety
- Maintain clean uniform and understands that he/she is always on stage
- Attendance in mandatory meetings, training and workshops
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age
- A minimum of 1 year full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Able to memorize menu recipes to ensure speed and accuracy for guests
- Experience working in a team orientated environment
- Must have some knowledge of knife skills
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must have stamina to work 50-60 hours a week
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
**Salary if flexible depending on background and experience**
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit app.joinhomebase.com.