This position reports to the Assistant Brewing Manager and is responsible for monitoring and carrying out brew house, fermenting, filtration, blending processes and operations. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept “operational responsibility” as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
What You’ll Brew:
- Brewing/Blending Operator responsibilities include monitoring and directly managing the Brew house, Fermenting, Filtration and Blending processes and operations
- Involves recording, troubleshooting, temperature and flow monitoring, communication, supplying lines with material or product, line cleaning, sanitation, and foaming
- Sanitation involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility
- Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site
- Must be able to work in a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives
- Must wear respirators, and all safety and sanitation equipment as required and follow all GMP guidelines
- Unloading of material for Brewing and Blending processing which may include rail cars, trucks, totes, drums, pallets, etc.
- Communicate with coworkers by phone and radio. Must carry radio as required
- Operate forklifts in a safe and effective manner, as required
- Perform Quality checks, testing, and complete paperwork as required
- Must be able to make equipment and product changeovers using tools as needed
- Assist other operators and departments in training, repair work and equipment operation as needed
- Availability to support 12-hour shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required. Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- Must work and clean in confined space areas such as tanks and vessels
What Ingredients You’ll Bring:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and applicable technical knowledge required
- Proficient with Computer systems including MS Outlook. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize brewery operation system
- Must be available to support shift (8 or 12 hour), weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Ability to endure daily, excessive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift areas and is usually loud. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, and others as required)
Full time Boston Beer coworkers have the following perks available*:
- 401k options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.