The Logistics Facilitator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities of warehouse operations. The position will be responsible for performing all administrative functions associated with shipping and receiving, storage of material, and inventory systems. Assists in the maintenance of the SAP database and coordinates shipping activities with the third-party logistics supplier. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
What You’ll Do:
- Must be able to work in and foster a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Observe, enforce and practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time and always work in a safe manner.
- Studies shipping schedules, order schedules and other records to determine shipping priorities and work assignments in order to meet shipping and receiving requirements.
- Conduct shipping order maintenance using SAP transactions. Escalate discrepancies as required.
- Utilize TMS (Transportation Management System) to execute inbound/outbound shipping schedule.
- Interface with contract transportation management service on discrepancies.
- Work with Shipping Lead and/or 3rd party warehouse team to assign loads to dock doors and track assets.
- Interface with contract trailer spotting service.
- Coordinates with Production for priority of material needing to be unloaded.
- Works within SAP ERP system to validate inventory, receive inbound materials, print pick sheets and Bills of Lading (BOL) for shipments
- Ensures proper products are loaded on outbound orders and validate order completion.
- Ensures proper forms are utilized and procedures are followed.
- Completes manual shipping order forms for any offline return orders.
- Coordinates inbound with on-site Security to ensure proper pick-up times are maintained.
- Assigns partial and mixed pallets manually to orders.
- Answers all inquiries from carriers concerning times, trailers, loads, etc.
- Participates in all finished goods inventory count activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in warehouse, transportation or distribution environment including supply chain and logistics.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Effective communication skills; able to communicate across organization on a multitude of topics.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills relative to data entry file maintenance.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Proven conflict resolution skills: be able to think through relatively complex issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in operation (or ability to learn) WMS/TMS/and/or shipping manifest system.
- Competent in using SAP, Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be available for other shifts and/or overtime as needed which may also require weekends.
- Must be able to work at multiple locations as needed – SACB and/or 3rd party warehouse locations.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
To apply for this job please visit bostonbeer.taleo.net.