Maintenance Brewing Supervisor – Brewing Utilities
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading the Maintenance team in day-to-day operations to ensure proper maintenance and repair of brewery, utilities and facilities equipment leading to successful facility operation. Reporting to this position are Maintenance Leads and maintenance engineers on assigned shifts. Must be available for other shifts and/or overtime as needed which may also include weekends.
What You’ll Do:
- Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives. Help ensure “No bad beer leaves the brewery”.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures. Including wearing proper PPE, including respirators and all safety and sanitation equipment as required and follow all GMP guidelines.
- Directs the activities of the Maintenance team in performance of assigned duties to ensure plant equipment is maintained at levels consistent with company specifications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes, projects, and training efforts that drive continuous and sustained improvements in packaging operations.
- Assures equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
- Implements process enhancements to improve line efficiencies as well as package and flavor changeover efficiencies
- Ensures preventive maintenance tasks are being executed
- Directs the activities of the Maintenance team in performance of assigned duties to ensure brewery equipment is maintained at levels consistent with company specifications.
- Knowledgeable on company policies and procedures and administers them in a fair and consistent manner. Including, but not limited to, Brewery attendance program.
- Promote Boston Beer culture, values and principles as well as participate in company functions.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance including (but not limited to): Utility Systems: Air; steam/condensate; Ammonia / Glycol Refrigeration; CO2; water; wastewater; HVAC and general building maintenance
- Utilizes visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
- Builds the capability of maintenance engineers through a development program.
- Tracks standard manufacturing and warehouse measures and prioritizes plant maintenance opportunities
- Assist in development and implementation of capital and plant productivity projects
- Oversees and directs Contractors while on site.
- Serves on various equipment and continuous improvement teams.
- Walk the production floor, speak with Production and Brewing Team Members and maintenance Engineers. Work with the production team leads to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Supervise Packaging Mechanics
- Team Development – Skills gap assessment/training plan
- Tech. Decision Making & Troubleshooting
- Project commissioning oversight and sign off
- Manage Maintenance KPIs
- Manage Brewing and Electrical R&M Budgets
- Execute PM optimization and Asset Care Strategy (includes Spare Parts) – Brewing Utilities
- Roll out and management of Condition Based Monitoring Program – Brewing Utilities
- Determine necessary spare parts for existing and new equipment
- Execute Root Cause Failure Analysis Strategy – Brewing Utilities
- Support for the 5 core EHS
- PSM Program Owner
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 -5 years of operations maintenance experience, preferably in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Solid Mechanical and Electrical experience maintaining equipment.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of proven supervisory skills/experience
- Ability to successfully motivate and coach others
- Strong Technical knowledge of the beverage industry and equipment.
- Statistical process control and problem-solving skills required.
- 1+ year working with and participating in LEAN manufacturing principles and activities. Ability to demonstrate and explain LEAN principles.
- Proven ability to effectively lead process improvement teams
- Experience implementing LEAN Manufacturing principles
- Strong follow through, communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Proven conflict resolution skills: be able to think through relatively complex issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach.
- Competent in using Computerized Management Maintenance System, Microsoft Office, including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work off-shift with a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift areas and is usually loud. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, and others as required)
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- PLC knowledge and experience a plus.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit bostonbeer.taleo.net.