Packaging Operators will be cross trained in several areas of the Packaging Department and will become familiar with all equipment in their daily designated area of work. Reports To Packaging Manager.
- Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Safety and efficiently operate can line equipment/machinery as assigned to meet department/brewery goals. Including but not limited to high speed can filling and packaging.
- Must practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor and always work in a safe manner.
- Conduct proper sanitation duties. Involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, forklifts, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
- Utilize lean manufacturing methodologies in daily standard work to drive improvements in safety, quality, and overall line performance.
- Work autonomously to perform operational, cleaning, inspection, and minor lubrication tasks as well as assist other operators and departments in training, repair work and equipment operation as needed.
- Understand, communicate, and react to data trending, reports, and short interval control
- Continuously challenge processes every day to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and make recommendations to process.
- Communicate and collaborate with coworkers, face to face, Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required as well as read and operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas such as the Pasteurizer.
- Perform Quality checks, testing, and complete paperwork as required and follow best practices such as equipment center lining, visualization, and 6S.
- Conduct equipment and product changeovers, using tools as needed.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with other as well as assist with supporting overtime as needed to cover varying production needs.
- May include 12-hour days, weekends and/or holidays.
Education, Experience & Skills Education Required/Desired
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Production knowledge required.
- Looking for leaders and those who are going to make the team better.
- Proficient with Computer systems and automated equipment. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize company systems; operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required. Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
- Be able to stand, twist, and bend as required for 90% of work schedule.
- Work overtime as needed which may require 12 hour days, weekends, and holidays. Working Conditions
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- Must work and clean in confined space areas such as tanks and vessels.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.