The Production Planner will be responsible for inputting the schedule based on the inputs of brewery needs and supply planning demands. This position also has responsibility for controlling finished good and WIP inventory levels. Ensuring a schedule is maintained for current week +2 and raising awareness of any clear production gaps. The Production Planner will work in synchronization with the Material Planner to ensure that all materials needed to be successful are on sight in time for the production. They will also develop working relationships with Operations, key vendors, and brewery personnel to ensure a smooth day-to-day planning operation. The Planner will troubleshoot issues such as mechanical breakdowns, delays in materials, or other scheduling needs and communicate to the groups affected. They will be integral in the controlled implementation of new products by looking ahead at what is to come and get all those that need to know involved in a timely fashion.
What You’ll Brew:
- Input the daily schedule into SAP based on the 20-week planner distributed by the Supply Planning Team
- Coordinate with Material Planner to ensure any phasing of new products or alterations are noted in SAP
- Follow regular cadence of maintenance windows and ensure the line has time for preventative maintenance as well as cleaning
- Communicate with Vendors and Carriers to build a good working relationship and solve any transportation issues that work for both the Brewery and Vendor
- Establish inventory levels that support production on a week-to-week basis without overburdening our warehouses
- Provide all stakeholders an SAP schedule that reaches throughout the next 2 weeks
- Coordinate a weekly meeting to discuss the needs of downtime on the lines owned
- Work with Operations Planning in keeping BOM’s up to date in SAP for daily pick list generated for the packaging department
- Work with Operations Planning in running out obsolete materials as they occur to reduce year end write offs
- Work with accounts payable & receivable to reconcile invoicing issues and credits due back to Boston Beer
What Ingredients You’ll Bring :
- 4+ years of relevant manufacturing and production planning experience with working knowledge of
- Proficient with Computer Skills; Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills Liaison with Operations and Finance on development of RFIA and destruction requests with regard to disposition of obsolete/unused materials.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.